Chapter 4 The Wedding Ring!

After two days,

After two days,

I call Grace as my father instructed me to pick her up for the wedding ring purchase.

I can't believe I'm willingly entering this marriage contract. However, to teach the lesson to Grace, I have to do this.

"Hello."

As she answers the call, I state, "Grace, it's Steve. Dad wants me to pick you up to buy our wedding rings. After my meeting, be ready to go."

Grace's response is unexpectedly defensive, "What do you mean by 'after your meeting'? Tell me the time, and I'll check my schedule."

I remember my dad mentioning she's a fashion influencer, so I think she can easily take time out.

"You make blogs, right? You can take out time; it's just a ring shopping."

Her voice sharpens in response. "My work is more difficult than yours. Don't you dare comment on it?"

I try to explain, "I was not demeaning your work, Grace. I meant you work from home; you can do that any time."

She gets more offended. "You won't understand the challenges of my work. You don't know about social media. Go see my followers and comments. People die for me. I work hard, not like you who just boss around sitting in his dad's office. Huh!"

A frown appears on my face, listening to her words.

"What the fuck... Are..."

"What happened? Got the taste of your own medicine, Mr. soon-to-be to be husband?" I can bet she must be smirking right now.

Whatever! It's futile to argue with her.

So I take a deep breath, trying to keep the conversation on track. "Grace, I didn't mean to undermine your work. I appreciate the effort you put into it. Let's not argue; we have to buy the rings, and that's the focus."

"Okay! I will inform you whenever I get time."

Before I can respond, she cuts the call abruptly.

Shaking my head, I decide to check her Instagram profile, wondering if her online presence is as significant as she claims.

As I scroll through her profile on Instagram, I'm impressed and amazed at the sheer number of followers she has.

The engagement on her posts is remarkable, and the comments section is flooded with adoration. I must say, her influence in the fashion world is undeniable.

I come across some of her blog posts and videos, finding them intriguing and creative.

However, as I delve deeper, I stumble upon a video that catches me off guard. It's a casual vlog, and there's a moment where she laughs genuinely.

I find myself unexpectedly drawn to her laughter, forgetting she's the reason for my current frustrations.

But then, in one particular video, she captures my attention in a way I hadn't expected. Her beauty, the way she carries herself—it's captivating.