Chapter 7 Obey you, my foot!

The next morning, I wake up and see the rays of sunlight breaking through the curtains

As the thoughts of last night's fight flood into my mind, I wonder how Grace has spent the entire night on the other side of the glass door.

I open the curtains, unlock the door, and enter the balcony to find her sitting on the couch, her angry expression now replaced with exhaustion.

It seems she doesn't sleep the entire night.

"Consider this a lesson. This marriage is going to be a lot tougher than you might have expected." I state coolly before returning to the room.

She steps in front of me, her defiance still present in her eyes. "I'm not one to back down from a challenge, Steve. And I'll make sure you pay for the last night."

"Oh! I'm so afraid of you, Mrs Grey." I scoff before walking to the bathroom to get fresh.

However, she blocks my path to the bathroom with a determined look in her eyes.

I meet her gaze with a raised eyebrow. "What do you want, Grace?"

She maintains her defiant look. "You think you can dismiss me so easily? You'll learn, Steve, that I'm not to be underestimated."

I take a step closer, the space between us lessening.

I can feel the heat emanating from Grace's body, and it's clear that our proximity is having an effect on both of us, despite the hatred we have for each other.

Grace's P.O.V.

This man, I hate him so much, but I can't deny the fact that his hotness drives me insane.

Right now, he stands, just in his boxer, only a few inches away, I just want to kiss all over his muscular body and want him to fuck me.

However, I'll never sleep with this man again in my life because I don't sleep with the man whom I don't like. And it's also mentioned in our contract, there will be no physical relationship between us.

As I place my hands on his chest and push him away, he grabs me with my arms and again draws me closer to him. Our bodies press together and send chills down my spine.

He's getting closer, his hands inching towards my face. "Can't resist my charm, Mrs Grey?" His voice, low and seductive, only intensifies the maddening attraction I feel towards him. "That's why you pushed me away."

I swallow hard, our proximity becoming nearly unbearable. "Don't flatter yourself, Steve."

Indeed, I'm physically attracted to him, but I can't show it to him.

He smirks, and his warm breath caresses my cheek as he leans in closer. His lips hover dangerously close to mine, his fingers wrapping around my neck, his thumbs gently guiding my face towards his. "You can deny it, Grace, but your body tells a different story."