Chapter 14 Always ready to fight!

Steve's P

Steve's P.O.V.

As Grace storms off to the bathroom, I'm left alone with my thoughts and the memories of the previous night.

I feel frustrated as I think about how hard it was to clean her up and help her change, all the while trying to resist the undeniable attraction I feel toward her.

I can't deny that Grace is an incredibly alluring woman. Her words and actions, even in a drunken state, made it difficult for me to maintain my composure. Yet, I controlled myself.

***

She is about to leave the room, but stops as I call her, "Grace." She turns to face me, and I continue, "Please, don't get drunk today. I can't go through that again."

Annoyed by my remarks, she retorts, "Don't sleep with men. Don't do this, don't do that. Just stop fucking telling me what I should or shouldn't do, Mr. Steve."

I respond in a firm tone, pointing my finger at her. "This situation is an outcome of your choices, Grace. Remember that the contract marriage was your idea, so you should be prepared to accept the consequences."

She rolls her eyes, irked. "I can't argue with you more. I'm leaving." She marches out of the room, slamming the door.

This woman is truly getting on my nerves.

I decide to spend my time in the hotel room only.

***

As I work on my laptop, sitting on the sofa, I receive a call from my father.

"Steve, are you on honeymoon?" My brows frown, listening to my father's unnecessary question.

"Yes, Dad." I reply, slightly irritated.

"Then why is your wife exploring Paris alone?" He asks, his voice laced with disappointment.

I respond, growing more frustrated, "Dad, please stop spying on us. I had to attend a meeting; that's why she went out alone."

My father, unaware of the complexities between Grace and me, advice, "Son, you're on your honeymoon. You can attend to work matters after returning home. Spend quality time with Grace."

I reluctantly agree, realizing it's futile to argue with him. "Alright, I understand. I'll spend time with her."

"Take care, son." He disconnects the call.

I close the laptop and take a deep breath before calling Grace.

My father's words about spending time with Grace echo in my mind. I've never been good at faking relationships, and this forced honeymoon is testing my patience. But I know I have to follow my father's orders.

"Hello, Steve. I'm having a great time, and I don't want to ruin my mood by talking to you. So, bye," Grace abruptly hangs up the call, causing me to frown.