Chapter 65 Fighting For My Daughter

Grace's P.O.V.

The next day, as I feed Evan, Steve sits on the bed, staring straight, tensed. In just an hour, I have to leave to confront the person who attempts to rape me in the past, and who now holds our daughter captive.

It's no surprise that he's the one behind Giana's disappearance. He's not human; he's a monster. Once I have my daughter back, I'll burn him alive.

I'm not afraid to face him, not anymore, because I'm no longer the frightened child he once preyed upon. I have become strong now. Today, I feel even stronger because I have to protect my daughter from that beast.

Two weeks without Giana feels like an eternity. There hasn't been a single moment when I haven't missed my little princess. I long to see her again, to hold her in my arms and see her bright blue eyes sparkle with joy at her favourite toys and chocolates.

"Sissy Sissy..." Evan says in his babyish tone as he stops drinking the milk.

My eyes well up every time he calls for his sister. He misses Giana just as much as Steve and I do.

"Promise, Evan, today Mama will return with your sissy," I reassure him as I hold him close, tears slipping down my cheeks while he continues to call out for his sister. Steve and I share a look of sadness.

We enter Steve's father's room to leave Evan with him. We discussed our plan with him last night. I settle Evan onto the bed and give him some toys to keep him occupied.

"Grace, take care of yourself, and don't worry, everything is going to be fine." Dad gives me a quick hug.

"I just need your blessing, Dad."

"My blessings are always with you." He strokes my hair before turning his gaze to Steve.

"Take care of Grace. I want my daughter-in-law and granddaughter both safely at home, and it's your responsibility."

Steve hugs his father. "Dad, I'm afraid." He is almost on the verge of crying.

I can understand what he is going through. It will be so difficult for him to put my life in danger. Seeing Steve's condition, my eyes fill with tears, but I push them back. Today, I must stay strong for both him and our daughter.

"Everything is going to be fine, son. Just be strong." Dad reassures him, patting his back.

As they pull apart, Steve composes himself with a deep breath.

"Let's go, baby," I say, intertwining my fingers with his, staring at him with unwavering determination. "I'm certain we'll win this battle because we're fighting together."

"You make me proud, Love. You're an incredibly strong woman and my source of strength. I love you so much." He cups my face and leans in before capturing my lips in a quick kiss.

"Kissi Kissi." Evan squeals, bringing a small smile to our faces amidst the pain as Steve rests his forehead on mine.

Only our babies have the magical power to make us smile in any situation.

I rush towards Evan, and after lifting him in my arms, I kiss every inch of his face. "Mama loves you so much, Evan."

***

"We've installed a tracking device on your watch and a camera on your pendant. If anything happens, just press the button on the watch, and we'll be there within a minute. We'll be nearby, hiding." He explains this to me for the tenth time as we walk out of the mansion.

I cup his face and reassure him. "Steve, I'll be fine. Promise." I tilt his face towards mine and place a kiss on his forehead.

"I just can't stop myself from worrying for you," he murmurs, his voice filled with concern. "I wish I could go there with you." He stares at me with his eyes filled with helplessness.