Chapter 35 A Secret!

After a few months,

Eight months and seventeen days have passed since I last saw, touched, and felt Grace's presence. Each day, the ache of missing her has deepened, and not a single moment has gone by without longing for her.

I remain oblivious to her whereabouts and well-being because when my father informed Grace's father about our contract marriage; he cast her out of his house.

She even stopped posting her blogs. Every day, I offer silent prayers, hoping she's safe and that our paths will cross again.

If fate allows our paths to cross once more, I'm determined not to let her slip away and to make things work between us.

Yeah. This time, I'm willing to take a few extra steps because being apart from her for eight months made me realise where I went wrong. In a relationship, it's not always about giving 50-50. It can be 60-40 or even 70-30. What really matters is who we are and where we both stand. That's what counts in the end.

I have come to London for a business project, and my intuition whispers that our paths might collide here—the moment I've yearned for since our separation.

Lost in thoughts, I sit in the backseat of a car, staring out of the window. Suddenly, my phone rings, jolting me from my reverie. It's my father on the line.

After taking a deep breath, I answer, "Hey, Dad."

He inquires about my meeting, and I reply in a detached tone because my mind has been consumed with thoughts of Grace since I arrived in London.

Suddenly, his tone changes, sensing my distraction. "I'm sorry, son, because of me, you're suffering. I forced you into marrying Grace, and now you can't get her out of your mind. That woman, I want to kill her,"

My heart sinks, listening to his words, and I immediately interrupt him because I can't hear anything negative about Grace. I just can't. "Dad, please, stop blaming yourself and her. It's my fault because the final decision was mine to marry her. I'm suffering because of my choices."

There's a moment of silence on the other end of the line, and I can sense him processing my words. "Son, I just hate seeing you go through this. It's hard for a father to witness his child in pain."

"I appreciate your concern, Dad. I'm dealing with it the best I can. Blaming Grace or anyone won't change the past. What's done is done," I respond, trying to reassure him. I understand his perspective completely.

He expresses regret once more, sighing. "I wish I could undo the choices that led to this mess, Steve."

"It's a learning experience for both of us, Dad. We'll find a way through it," I say, trying to uplift his spirits.

Before ending the call, he expresses a last apology. "I hope you find peace, Steve. If there's anything I can do, let me know."

My peace belongs to her, Dad. To Grace... my Grace. I want to tell him that so much, but I hold back.

When she was by my side, I felt like she was disrupting my peace. But now that she's not with me, I realise that she was the only peace I truly yearned for.

"Thanks, Dad. I'll figure it out. Take care." I end the call, letting out a sigh.

Then I stare out of the car window again, wondering if fate will bring Grace back into my life.

***

Jace's P.O.V.

After eight months, I wake up to the soft rays of sunlight filtering through the curtains. I disentangle myself from Zara's arms after kissing her forehead.