Chapter 24 Our Shower Sex

Steve's P

Steve's P.O.V.

As I prepare to lie down on the sofa to sleep at night, Grace suggests, "If we've been intimate, we can share the bed too. Right?"

Surprisingly, I agree with her perspective for the first time.

"Congratulations, Mrs Grey. You're right for the first time." I tease her, and she responds with an angry look, causing me to chuckle.

After taking my pillow and blanket, I make my way to the bed and lie down beside her.

"Good night, Mr. Grey."

"Good night, Mrs. Grey," I reply, and she smiles before facing away from me.

***

The next morning,

I wake up to find her peacefully sleeping in my arms, her head resting on my chest. It feels comforting to have her so close to me. A smile appears on my face as I watch her sleep. Her warm breath against my chest feels magical, and I automatically press my lips on her forehead.

Unsure of why I did it, I brush it aside and continue holding her tightly as I drift back to sleep with a contented smile on my face.

This morning has become the most beautiful moment of my life.

Grace's POV

I wake up, and as I find myself nestled in his arms, tranquillity envelopes me. I feel something different about being in his embrace.

As I lift my head from his chest and brush my hair aside, I'm greeted by the sight of him peacefully sleeping, embracing me in his warm arms—a sight that brings an immediate smile to my face.

For the first time, I observe the details of his handsome features from so close—the long eyelashes, pointed nose, and irresistibly delicious lips that I find myself drawn to.

I blush, brushing my lips against his and touching my nose to his. The constant smile on my face and the peace in my heart affirm that something profound has occurred.

After carefully coming out of his arms, I rise and step onto the balcony. Today feels different, a change I can't quite understand. I close my eyes to confront the unfamiliar emotions building within me. Realising what I'm feeling, my smile fades, and I push aside my emotions.

I return to the room and take out a cigarette box without looking at him. I hurriedly make my way outside and take a puff on my cigarette, wondering about the complications of the life I've created for myself. As footsteps approach, I turn around and see Steve.

I lean against the railing. "Good morning, Mr. Grey."

"Good morning, Mrs. Grey. I hope you enjoyed sleeping in my arms." He teases with a wink.

Ignoring his words, I extend a cigarette, asking, "Do you wanna have it?"

"Thank you." He accepts, joining me in smoking.