Chapter 8 Her Emotional Drama

After a minute, Dad storms into my room, and then Grace enters, following him with a hint of evilness in her eyes

"What the hell, Steve? Grace is your wife now. Why are you giving her such harsh treatment?" As he rebukes me, I glare at Grace, who stands with a sly grin on her face.

As he drifts his eyes toward her, she makes an innocent face in an instant.

It's clear that she's manipulating my father with her emotional drama, and I despise how skilled she is at this game.

I clench my fists, trying to contain my anger as my father continues to reprimand me. "Stop glaring at her, Steve, and answer me."

I take a deep breath, struggling to keep myself composed. "Dad, you don't understand. Grace is not what she appears to be."

She chimes in with her sweetest tone, her eyes welling with fake tears. "I don't know what Steve is talking about, Dad. I just want a chance to make this marriage work."

My father's concern deepens as he turns to her. "Grace, my son can be difficult sometimes, but he's a good man."

I can't believe how easily my father has fallen for her act, and it frustrates me even more.

He gives me a stern look. "I can't believe my son is treating his wife like this."

I feel hurt, seeing the disappointment in his eyes for me for the first time.

"Dad-"

"No, Steve. I don't want your explanations. Now you must treat your wife with respect." After making himself clear, he leaves the room, leaving me alone with my cunning wife.

She turns to me with a triumphant smile, clearly relishing her victory. "You see, Mr Grey, you can't control me."

"Shut up." I grasp her arms and pin her against the wall. After moving dangerously close to her face, I warn her, "Stop using my father to gain sympathy."

The way she manipulated my father has ignited a burning anger within me.

She stares back at me with fire in her eyes, her confidence unwavering. "And you stop trying to gain control over me."

I clench my jaw, my grip on her arms tightening as I try to hold back my frustration.

I lean in closer, our faces mere inches apart, my voice low and threatening. "You may have won this small battle, Grace, but don't mistake it for victory."

Her gaze locks onto mine, a fierce determination in her eyes. "I'm not afraid of you, Steve. And I won't let you control me."

I release my grip on her arms and step back, still fixing my eyes filled with rage on her. "We'll see who will control whom."

Then I storm to the bathroom and slam its door in fury.

I can't let this woman manipulate my father like this. I have to do something to take her under my control as soon as possible.