Chapter 15 Reliving A Nightmare

The next day, we are on a luxurious yacht in the waters of Paris

The next day, we are on a luxurious yacht in the waters of Paris. I stand, leaning against the railing and enjoying my drink, and Grace sits away from me, making her vlog. I only tolerate this woman because of my father.

I notice a young woman, clad in a stylish summer dress, who can't take her eyes off me. She approaches me and leans against the railing beside me. With a mischievous glimmer in her eyes, she begins a conversation.

"Such a beautiful day, isn't it? Do you come here often?" She enquires flirtatiously.

"Not as often." Although I'm not interested in her, I answer her because I can't behave rudely with her.

Grace, sitting a short distance away, is now quietly observing us, with the corner of her mouth curved into a sly grin.

Now, what's going on in her mind?

She rises from her seat, and her eyes remain locked on the girl as she approaches us.

"Anyway, I'm Maya." The girl holds out her hand to me.

Before I can answer, we hear Grace's voice. "Excuse me, may I have a word with my husband, please?"

The girl's smile fades, replaced by a bewildered expression. She turns to me, looking for a confirmation or denial of Grace's statement.

As I nod, she utters with a hint of disappointment in her tone. "I'll let you two enjoy your day."

Grace answers with a triumphant grin. "Thank you."

As Maya leaves, I ask Grace, "What was that?"

"It was tit for tat, Mr. Grey," she replies with a sly smile. "If I can't get close to any man, you can't either."

I give her a curt response. "I'm not like you, Grace, eager to jump into bed with anyone. So just relax."

"How can I believe you when you had sex with me the night we met?" She raises her brows at me.

Her words remind me of that night. She isn't aware I made love to her that night. It wasn't a random sex. And I regret and hate myself for doing this.

I roll my eyes, not interested in making her believe me. "Whatever! I don't want to explain to you."

I march from there.

***

In the evening, our car stops in front of the resort and we step out.

"Steve, I want to spend some alone time. I'm not coming with you." She informs me.

"Grace, I can't risk you getting drunk again, so I won't let you go alone." I reply in a firm tone.

She retorts, "Stop acting like my father, Steve."

"Shut up, Grace. If you've forgotten, let me remind you of what happened last time you got drunk." I assert.