.𖥔 ݁ ˖ rivals - park gunwook

Word count ⋆1338
A/N1TamTam_4 thank u for requesting <333

𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘

Everyone at school knows you and Gunwook hate each other. Just like every other academic rivals, you can't stand each other's guts. He does everything to not see you in his vicinity and so do you.

Always being first and second rank makes you two more competitive. If Gunwook is ranks first one semester, then you are second. Then in the next semester, he will be the second while you rank first. It always goes like this that you know there's not gonna be an end to it.

The major problem you suffer, other than seeing him everyday at school, is the fact that his parents and your parents are best friends. They went to college together and they always tell you your father and his father were the top students.

"Did I tell you that Mr. Park and I went to the same college and were the top students?" Your father says as he looks at you.

A tousand of times now, you thought.

Gunwook's father laughs as he nods approvingly.

This is what your second problem is, your parents and his parents take you to dinner every few weeks and have dinner. You have to endure the excruciating pain of seeing his face and his fake nice persona towards your parents.

"We were always working for the first rank and never fought about it. We were best of friends just like you kids. If anything, the competitiveness made us closer," your father says proudly.

If only he knew, you thought as you glare at Gunwook while he was already doing so. You turn your head and give smile to your father.

"I never thought they could be!" Mr. Park says as his wife smiles.

And the conversation always goes like this.

Your mother sips her wine and cleans her throat. She then turns her attention towards Mrs. Park.

You prefer what they talk since they always bring fun topics and you chime into the conversation.

"So, Dayeon-ah, Is Seowook finishing college?" your mother asks, referring to Gunwook's brother.

Mrs. Park sets down her own glass. "Yes, he graduates this year."

"Wow, that's amazing," your mom says, grinning. The two fathers are engaged in their own conversations while your mom and Mrs. Park are on their own. The only ones left were you and Gunwook but you are listening to the mothers while Gunwook pretends like he is not.

"Very. I am pushing him to marry a nice girl but kids these days don't like commitments," Mrs. Park says, rolling her eyes.

Gunwook visibly looked uncomfortable and you smirked. This could be one topic you can bully him for and you are happy.

"Well, let the future take care of it," your mom says encouragingly. You see Gunwook sipping from his water and looking past you.

Mrs. Park shrugs. "I hope so. I mean, we have to play part at some point so we will give them choices they can't see. Like Y/N and Gunwook who are so engaged in school. They have no time for dating."

Gunwook scoffs as he looks at you with a knowing smile. You were glad they didn't notice because then they'll think you're abandoning your studies become of an ex you used to go out with last year.

Gunwook tortures you with that even if it's not big of a deal. For an overachieving parents like yours, this could mean a failure if they hear about it.