.𖥔 ݁ ˖ rivals - park gunwook | pt.2

Word Count ⋆ 2212

𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘

Half an hour passed by while you and Gunwook try your hardest not to notice each other's presence. He keeps touching the spoons and forks while you frantically text your mom where they were and that you know that they're plotting this.

Just enjoy your date! Your mom has texted. That left you in shock.

I mean enjoy your dinner with Gunwook. She texted again.

You put your phone face down, irritated.

"This is so childish," you mutter to yourself.

"Hmm? You said something?" Gunwook asks, suddenly startled.

Clicking your tongue, you propped your arms on the table. "Why do you think they're putting both of us in this situation?"

Gunwook can only shrug.

You sighed as you try to think why they think making you sit together could do anything.

Gunwook is looking at you as you furrow your brows and look serious. He wondered why you looked so pretty tonight despite always being pretty and not giving a single thought about how you look. Until today. He almost thought you knew that your parents are plotting something but he decided that you too have no idea based on the confused look on your face.

You were opening your mouth to say something when Gunwook's phone rang. He excused himself and picked up his phone.

"Hey Mom. Is everything alright? Uh huh? Yeah," he said and glances at you for few seconds. "Still there. No, we're not eating. We are supposed to wait for you, remember? Huh?"

Gunwook massages his temple with one hand. "Why? No mom. We will wait... What? You already had dinner?" He looks at you again and then turns his attention to his phone. "I don't know what this is but sure mom." He then hangs up the phone and heaves a huge sigh.

"Was it your mom? What did she say?" You ask curiously.

"She says we should have dinner, not wait for them. They already ate at the hospital." He gives a silent laugh." I know she's lying. Mom is so picky, she didn't eat at the hospital."

You slouched on your sit.

The last thing you want is to eat with your obnoxious rival. Alone. You are more enraged by your parents thinking it's a good idea to set you both up. They never asked you about it and you never refused (even if you hundred percent would) so why did they do that instead?

The waiter comes a few minutes later. You both said your orders and wait without looking at each other.

"I never thought I would eat dinner with you," Gunwook says, mockingly.

"It's not gonna be a pretty experience, that's for sure." You roll your eyes without looking at him.

Gunwook is silently looking at you that made you self conscious for some reason.

"What?" You said when you catch him staring.

"Why do you look nervous?"

You shifted on your seat as you try not to look nervous. "I'm not. You are."

He slyly smiles and stares at you more. Even if you are getting flustered and all, you still looked prettier and Gunwook couldn't stop looking. He wondered why you're so worried about thing that he now don't think matters. But that's the way you always were, worrying about everything.

"Hey, this is not maths exam, ok?" He says, snapping his fingers to take you out of your zoning out.

"Ever seen me nervous about exams?" You boldly say raising your eyebrows.