.𖥔 ݁ ˖ enchanted - zhanghao

Word Count ⋆ 2365
A/Nzuckihan  ty for requesting and I really hope u will like it. sorry for late update. and let's just assume debutante balls exist in Korea and this is how it works.

𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘

This is your first debutante coming out party and you're more nervous as hell. You were never 'introduced' to the society and now you have to stand infront of people of your mom's age, who's gonna judge you in every way. You never realized looking presentable for old people was nerve wracking than impressing your peers.

The girls in the dressing room are finally lined up with their escorts and you were at the third. Most of them are with their boyfriends and unlike you, no one has a fake one who's only here because both of your parents forced you to.

The woman who emcees the show is saying something downstairs and after few minutes, she started calling names.
Downstairs was almost blinding as you peered through the door. You noticed moms— a lot of them, in a expensive, fancy dress. This stressing you out. Too many eyes and everyone is judging and you don't like it a bit.

You feel yourself sweating and the temperature was at its lowest. The night wind didn't even help: you're getting hot. And it's because of a goddamn debutante party that was pretty much forced on you.

As you finished dressing up, you walked outside where your fake boyfriend, Seongmin, waits for you.
His eyes widened and his mouth agape when he looks at you.

"Wow, Y/N," he says, obviously awestruck.

"What?" You say, clueless. Your white satin dress flows gently as you walk. The strapless part didn't feel comfortable for you but it kinda show off your collarbones and you can't complain. Even the satin gloves looked perfectly well with the dress even if you're sweating so much.

Seongmin shakes his head in appreciation. "Wow," he says again. "You look so beautiful."

"Thanks," you smile weakly at him, not because you're ungrateful but because you're nervous. You are tapping your feet unconsciously and then girls are looking at you now. You don't want a judgment from them too so you stopped and smile awkwardly.

"What's wrong?" Seongmin, taps your shoulder lightly.

You jerked your head towards him, startled. "Oh... I'm fine. I'm okay."

"Don't be nervous. This is nothing to be scared of." He looks at you, small smile on his lips.

You take a deep breath and gave yourself a pep talk internally.

"You're right. Let's just get it over with and leave," you say.

Seongmin encouragingly pats your back and stretched his elbow for you to hook around it.

"Ms. Y/N. Daughter of Mr.L/N and Mrs.L/N." The woman's voice boomed though the speaker and your heart jumped.
They're clapping now and you feel yourself wanting to throw up. You can't run away now, can you? So you collected yourself and hooked your arms around his and walked down the stairs in grimace.

The room was extravagantly huge. The decoration on every part of the wall are candles in great size. Renaissance paintings are on the walls. Gigantic chandeliers hanged low on the ceiling and you counted three of them while walking down the stairs, something to distract you from the eyes of the people. Vines are wrapping the colons and you stared in awe that you only noticed now that you've reached the bottom of the stair.

You did some curtsey you dont even understand for the people and finally meet everyone's eyes. You gulped down your nervousness and smiled artificially.