.𖥔 ݁ ˖ best friend - sungho

Word count ⋆ 1818

𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘𔓘

You and Park Sungho are bestfriends. You have been since you two were in diapers and now you two grow up to be still inseparable. Everywhere you go he is there and so are you. The town people even joke about you two ending up marrying each other which always made you heart beat fast with excitement. Sungho, however, would turn red and would abandon you right there whenever the town's people notice you together. You realized he was not happy about you two being shipped together and assumed he hated you.

But little did you know.

Your little crush died down a little when you went to highschool and he got super popular. A lot of girls took interest in him and you gave up the idea of being in relationship with him since you were very convinced he was not into you and would never risk the friendship you two have. So you put your personal feelings aside and just become good friends with him.

For Sungho, though, it was getting harder each day when he looks at you. He couldn't believe the little brat he liked and grew up with is making him nervous all of a sudden when he looks at you. It was hard for him to not fall for you but he is so good at hiding his feelings that he looks like he sees you as his sister. But everytime you get near him, he doesn't have the slightest clue what to do.

"So tonight..." he says as he doodles on his notebook without looking up.

You two were sitting on a huge rock circling the huge tree that provides a shade in your school. The weather is specially good there and you two sit with each other at recess.

"What's tonight?" You stared at him but clueless he is, didn't know you were admiring everything he is doing as he scribbles on his notebook.

"What's your plan?" He asks, his focus still on his notebook. You were annoyed he is not even sparing you a glance when you are so desperate for his attention.

You clear your throat as you look at the leaves falling from the tree. "Tonight is the school festival."

"I know that," he says.

"Well, Taesan and I are going out."

This seemed to catch his attention because he slowly looks up and looks straight at you. He searches for your response where you say you are kidding but you just stared at him back.

"What?" He says when you show no sign of joking.

"I'm going out with Taesan. He asked me out. Didn't I tell you?" You said even though you are hundred percent sure you didn't. You thought you were cheating on him by doing so even if you are totally not in a relationship with him.

"You so did not, L/N Y/N," he says with a surprised smile. He is still looking at you in shock, hoping you are going to say you are joking but you didn't understand it yet.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Sungho shrugged. "Just surprised. I thought I would remember if you told me."

You say nothing as you pick up the leaves and stare into space.

"When... did he ask you out?"

"A while ago," you say quietly, now ashamed.

"Hmmm..." He nods his head. His voice got deeper which he only does when he is mad. "How long is a while ago?"

"A month ago?"

Park Sungho only blinked at you. He still looks at you, expecting I'm kidding but that never came which is annoying him at some point.

"You're kidding."