Chapter 2

The ringing of a phone stops Oli from explaining about the sports competitions between the other universities in town. The three of us turn to see Ian, who looks at the phone as if he had grown another head.

"It's Luna, she says she's expecting us—" Ian turns to look at me and frowns more, if that were possible, as if he had forgotten about my presence.

He drops the words, not wanting to reveal where they are waiting for them.

Ash turns to look at Oli, having a discussion with looks only.

"Don't worry about me, you've taught me enough. Thank you very much," I say, waving my hand up and down. " I'm sure I won't get lost anymore."

I smile at Ash, taking his arm. The chestnut-haired guy looks at my grip, and his smile grows. His eyes travel a few seconds to the opening of my shirt, but I feign dementia as his eyes collide with mine.

I waved goodbye, walking away from them.

Counting.

Counting.

Counting.

"Hey Soph!" I hear a small growl, a growl coming straight from Ian's perfect throat, at the sound of his friend's voice. My smile grows, but I make it disappear as I turn to look at him in confusion. "Do you have plans tonight?"

I smile—a smile that goes straight to my eyes.

Ash holds my hand firmly, guiding me through the sea of people. When the guy's invitation came out, there were only a few places noted on my mental list of where they would be going. When we arrived at a crowded club, I couldn't help but smile proudly as I recognized the name.

It was no surprise that we walked in ignoring the huge line that went all the way to the next block, nor that Ash led us to some bleachers all the way to the back, revealing couches just as dark as the curtains that surrounded everything and small bars with high chair tables.

My clothes were well planned, after all.

A redhead raises her hand to call out to us, already seated in one of the armchairs.

Oli walks straight over to the girl, giving her a small kiss on the lips before sitting down next to her.

Luna Kelly is the only thing Oliver has ever had to be against what his father expects of him. The redhead doesn't come from a family of power, but since high school they've maintained a private, but not secret, relationship, despite Oliver's father's insistence that he look for something worthwhile. The fact that her father doesn't like her puts Luna on my favorites list immediately.

"Sophia, right?" the girl smiles tenderly at me, I look at her confused. "Oli told me you met a beautiful girl, but I didn't think you were this pretty" she says pointing to her boyfriend behind her.

I allow myself to look at my brother, watching his cheeks blush just a little, but he doesn't take his eyes off his beautiful girlfriend.

"Nice to meet you." I say, greeting to her.

Luna introduces herself to me before she starts talking to Oli animatedly.

Ash's hand passes around my waist, inviting me to sit on the other side of the table.

The night passes between talks and drinks, between Ash's flirtatious glances and some innocent touches. Between curious glances from Oli, daring talks from Luna, and disinterested looks and comments from Ian.

I get home after getting rid of Ash, who almost begged me to stay a little longer. Although he offered to bring me home, I flatly refused. He promised to pick me up tomorrow before classes, and I thanked him with a small kiss very close to his lips. A promise, or however he wanted to take it.