Chapter 19

"But I didn't get to say goodbye to Sophia properly!" Asher's hands come out of the car, trying to get out, but Oli's hand pushes him back inside.

Oli says goodbye with a small grimace before getting lost inside the car.

Luna snorts, annoyed. She turns to look at me.

"Are you sure you don't want us to take you home?" Her hand runs through her hair, trying to steady it from the stiff breeze.

Somehow it seems brighter, like a torch in the night.

The night has ended quickly and badly. Very, very badly.

Asher had somehow gotten more liquor; we spent about an hour inside the bar before the owner had kindly asked Luna to get him out of there. I've never seen a guy hold on tightly to a pillar so tightly that he wanted to bite the people who were trying to separate him from it.

I pray that Oli disinfects his hands when he gets home. I'm sure he's clean, but I couldn't say the same for the strangers he stole a couple of bottles from.

"I'll order a car for her." Ian answers Luna's question, which I'd forgotten about as I watched Oli try to keep Asher from rolling down the windows on the other door.

I nod, not looking at the black-haired guy who's been keeping quiet as he pulled Asher out of the bar.

Luna looks at us for a few seconds before nodding.

"I'm sorry the night ended like this," she apologizes, a small grimace appearing on her face.

As if remembering that this isn't the first time, the party has ended early because of Asher and his bad drink problem.

I wave my hand up and down to play it down. It's not her fault after all.

"Are you sure you guys have to go?" I ask, tired but not looking forward to going home just yet. She took his hand, pouting a little.

"Don't think my night is over," she says, winking at me. I grimace, letting go of her hand, earning a laugh from the redhead.

She kisses my cheek, says goodbye to Ian, and then gets into the car.

I watch as the car drives away.

Well, at least my brother will have fun tonight.

A shiver runs through my body at the mental image.

I turn to look at Ian, but he has pulled out his cell phone. His handsome face is illuminated by the bright screen.

He notices my gaze, and our eyes collide.

"Are you tired?" Ian walks over to me, he tucks a lock of my hair behind my ear.

It's an effort not to shiver at his icy fingers.

I shake my head, he nods once before taking a quick look at something on his cell phone before putting it in his pocket.

" Come." Ian holds out his hand to me.

I smile at him before taking it, letting myself be guided by him again down the busy street.

The cool evening breeze is pleasant, the attitude of the people walking past us is so cheerful that I can't suppress my smile.

We walk for about twenty minutes before we reach a small store full of lights.

From the outside, it looks like it's covered in mirrors—a big shining star—that's what it looks like.

Ian looks at me, smiling as he sees my surprised look.

He tightens his grip a little, but doesn't let go.