Chapter 6

"That's all for today, you have fifteen days to send the first report of the work. Remember that it is 30% of your final grade. Any questions you can ask me in my office or through the institution's mail," the students murmur before the teacher leaves the classroom.

I quickly copied the last thing on the board. I reach for my cell phone in my jeans bag, but I remember I put it in my pocket. I reach down to grab my purse to pull it out.

One hand grabs the page and balls it up before putting it away.

"Wait!" I say, I want to grab his hand, but the ball is already in his pocket. "I just need to take a picture of it, it won't take that long."

Ian gets up from his seat, grabs his bag and walks out of the room.

I sigh in annoyance, grab my purse, and walk out after him.

"Are you mad at me?" I say, walking quickly behind him.

Ian stops as he usually does, so I manage to stop just in time as he turns around to face me.

"Why would I be mad at you?" The guy looks down, trying to see what kind of shoes I'm wearing, so I look a little taller than my normal height.

But he looks up when he sees that my flared jeans cover my shoes.

"If I knew what you were mad about, I wouldn't have asked, would I?" Ian snorts.

I cocked my head, waiting for an answer, but his gaze went to my shirt.

Shirt that's only attached to me by a zipper that runs bottom to top.

I cross my arms.

"Don't even think about it." I say, but I hear Ian's low chuckle as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out the crumpled ball of paper.

He opens it as carefully as his long fingers will let him, and then he holds it out to me.

I raise an eyebrow, taking the paper.

He rolls his eyes. I smile as I pull out my cell phone to take a picture of my notes before handing the paper back to him.

Ian starts walking, slower this time. I feign dementia as I fall into step beside him, still walking a little faster to keep up with him.

"Are you going to Oli's today?" My footsteps stop a couple of meters away from the table where Ash, Luna and Oli are waiting for us.

Ian turns to look at me, seeing my feet again, as if he thought I tripped or something for stopping.

"Are we going to Oli's?" My heart starts pounding, and my brain starts thinking about the last four weeks since I arrived.

I know my time is limited. What I came here to do would have to happen as soon as possible if I didn't want someone to find out anything. Still, getting closer to my goal has been more difficult than I had expected. Despite being the governor of the city, Oli's father— My father doesn't seem to spend much time here.

Having a more detailed list of Oli's steps through the city was easier than I expected, the list I already had was about as accurate thanks to the large amount of money I gave. But the governor's steps were as well taken care of as you'd expect.

Getting into Oli's house might help me learn a little more about him and know a little more about his agenda. But for some reason, Asher has always offered his house, and Oli hasn't been in a position to insist that it be at his.

Ian nods with a frown, but keeps walking.

I let out the air I didn't know I was holding, trying my hardest not to touch my fluttering heart to try to steady it.