Chapter 18

"Thank you very much!" I say goodbye to a lady who has spent almost twenty minutes in front of the cookie stand, looking exaggeratedly at Asher, Oli and Ian.

It wasn't until Luna finally had enough of her that she managed to get rid of her, but not before forcing her to take a little more than five cookies.

I look at the box of cookies under the table, doing a quick count of how many are left.

Fewer than expected for the few hours of the event. Which is very good news.

I plop down in a chair, watching Ian try to keep up with another lady who has zero interest in the cookie in the black-haired man's hand.

I almost groan in pleasure as I feel Asher's hands on my shoulders, giving me a little massage.

"I'm dead, but I can't imagine how you two are still standing," he says, pointing at Luna and me.

Going to the museum exhibit and then spending hours making cookies to come sell early was definitely not a good idea.

I'm just about to buy the remaining cookies myself, so I can be done for the day.

Luna's scream of excitement almost deafens me; everyone, even the lady in front of Ian, turns to look at her.

Ian takes advantage of the lady's bewilderment to take the $20 bill and give her four cookies. I chuckle under my breath.

"Remember the bar I told you I'd be opening soon?" the redhead asks no one in particular.

No one responds. She rolls her eyes, snorting.

"Well, it opened tonight, and since I know the owner, he's given us a table for tonight."

Silence reigns in the tent where we were placed. My eyes close just thinking about being awake tonight. Not to mention that tomorrow is Monday and my early morning classes.

"Fuck your faces," the redhead complains. "It'll only be a while; do you know how hard it is to get a table? Much more on opening day; we can't miss this opportunity."

"I agree." Asher puts his chin on my head, I groan a little.

"Doesn't sound bad." replies Ian, I raise an eyebrow, thinking of all the times he even snores in class. He glares at me, as if he knows what I'm thinking.

"It's fine with me; my classes are cancelled anyway." Everyone turns to look at Oli, who shrugs at our stares.

Luna turns to look at me. My eyes say enough about my desire to get home to sleep, but Luna moves her hand up and down.

"I don't take no for an answer anyway," she says, confirming our arrival to whoever owns that bar.

Asher moves me slightly, still with his hands on my shoulders.

I close my eyes and sigh a little before agreeing.

"We'll meet at Oli's house; there we'll leave the cars; we'll ask for a ride so we don't drive. " Luna explains, not waiting for anyone's response to her ready-made plan.

I get out of my car, adjusting my high black boots. If you want to be tall without wearing heels, platform boots are ideal.

I adjust my purse on my shoulder and walk towards the doors.

A movement next to me almost makes me die of a heart attack. When I see Ian inside his car, I walk over to him.

He has removed the roof, and his head rests on the headrest of the driver's seat.

Ian hears the sound of my boots on the pebbles in the driveway because he opens his eyes.