Chapter 20

I walk toward the tall doors of the house. I mumble a curse at my boots. They seemed like a good choice, but apparently they're not that comfortable after a few hours of dancing.

Because they were just that—a couple of hours, not an eternity as it had seemed.

I pull out my keys, but I laugh when they slip off me and fall to the floor.

I bend down, picking them up, reminding myself that keys are useless against the fingerprint that then asks for a code.

I laugh.

"Young," I turn, smiling at the stature of the black-haired guy.

Ian walks over to me, grabbing my purse that's on the floor.

His eyes collide with mine, and I wonder if he can hear the sound of my heart.

My eyes fall to his jaw, to the small mole he has.

My mouth opens, wondering what it would feel like to plant a kiss on that mole.

My fingers think the same because my hand reaches up to touch that little mole with my thumb.

Ian doesn't pull away; his eyes are still fixed on my face, his body instinctively moving closer to mine.

I wobble a little as I try to move closer to him. Ian puts his hand on my waist, giving me all the stability I need.

My fingers travel from his jaw to his cheek, feeling my fingers tickle as they collide with his long lashes.

I blink, not believing how handsome he is. How handsome I always thought he was. How far away I feel him from me, even with him just inches away.

"It's not fair that your eyelashes are longer than mine," I say with a small grimace.

"I can give them to you if you want, Young." His smirk makes me look away from his eyelashes.

"What will you do without them?" I asked, focusing on his beautiful smile.

"My beauty will survive." His words amuse me.

Ian lifts his free hand, placing it on my lower back.

We fall silent. I look up, taking a deep breath, when I notice his eyes on my lips.

My hand falls, staying on his arm.

My mouth opens, but the words seem foreign to his presence, to our mingled breaths, and to our closeness.

"Young. " His voice sounds husky, coming out as a question or a plea.

"Mmm?" His eyes travel to mine, and I blink at his attention.

"I want to kiss you." The sound of my heart reaches my ears. "Tell me not to."

It sounds more like a command, but his everything is still pleading.

My hand comes up again, my fingers entwined with the hair at the crook of his neck.

Ian stops breathing as my hand pulls him closer to me.

I sigh as I feel his lips on mine, my free hand finding the other, pulling him closer to me, bringing him as close as our bodies will allow.

Ian growls slightly as our tongues meet. My legs tremble a little, but Ian's grip grows stronger.

We separated for air, our chests rising and falling at the same time.

My cheeks heat up, and I put my fingers over my slightly swollen lips, trying to keep my smile from appearing.

I open the door behind me, taking Ian's hand.

The guy doesn't take his gaze off my face, but his eyes drop slightly as I grab the tie of my shirt and untie it, slowly enjoying the change in his gaze.