Chapter 25

I lightly bite the pencil, trying to understand the exercise on the board.

I completely ignore the gaze of the black-haired guy next to me, who has gone from sleeping in class to just watching me.

And even though his mouth opens every so often wanting to say an obscene comment, I can imagine it, he remains silent. Letting me concentrate on the classes, writing down what the teacher says, and solving the exercises he leaves us.

I turn to look at him, stupidly hoping he can explain the exercise to me, but when I notice his eyes are fixed on my lips under the pen, I roll my eyes.

"How is it that you passed the subjects?" I ask, making his eyes meet mine.

"Your notes are very good," he says, and I roll my eyes again.

I look at the board, I turn to look at the guy on the other side, working up the courage to ask him, but Ian's presence startles me. He runs one of his hands over mine, pointing to my page.

"You're taking the wrong amount; they're not asking you what the final price is; they're asking you what the maximum production is so he won't have lost."

The smell of his cologne invades my nostrils; if I didn't have a long-sleeve black t-shirt, his hair would tickle me.

He has it a little longer than usual, his straight hair doesn't seem so straight anymore.

Her eyes flick from my sheet to me, waiting for my response.

I blink, swallowing thickly, before returning my gaze to the paper. I nod, trying to make my brain remember what he's said.

Luckily, the teacher stands up, giving a few final words before leaving the classroom, all the students with him.

I take a picture of the page and then hand it over. Ian takes it and folds it delicately before slipping it into his pocket, smiling at me as a way of thanking me.

I grab my purse, get up, and walk to the exit, making sure my black skirt covers everything.

"Are you hungry?" I turn to see him. Ian settles his suitcase behind his back, his white t-shirt standing out against his gray, black jacket.

"I was planning on getting something at the coffee shop and then going to sleep in the library. I have class until 4." I say, fiddling with my brown sweater.

Ian looks at his cell phone, counting down the hours before my next class. He nods.

"Come." I'm surprised when his hand takes mine.

I look both ways, relieved to see the empty hallway.

We walk to the parking lot. When we are in front of his car, I open my mouth to object.

"I'll get you before your class; come on," he opens the passenger door, pushing me lightly into the seat.

I laugh, leaving my purse in the back of the car, putting on my seatbelt before the guy gets in the car.

Ian turns to look at me. I grab my belt and show it to him. The black-haired guy laughs, I watch his lips, appreciating his laugh more and more.

I look up, holding my breath, as I see his eyes darken at the sight of my lips.

Ian moves closer to me, bringing his face to mine with his hand, bringing our lips together.

I sigh as I feel the touch, anxious after not feeling it for a while.

Instinctively, my hand goes to my belt, fully intending to unbuckle it, but his free hand stops me.

He pulls his face away, giving me a teasing smile.