Chapter 11

"Soph! You look beautiful!" The redhead's hair changes color in the bar lights.

I separate completely from Ian, hugging Luna, who has changed into a little evening dress.

I look behind her and notice Oli. Looking at his girlfriend, he lifts his chin in greeting. Luna hugs Ian, who gives her a small smile.

Other hands hug me from behind, and Asher's lips press against my cheek. I giggle at the tickle of his hair. I turn around to look at him.

"And here I thought you'd ignore me after being famous and appearing on TV. " I tease, and he smiles, narrowing his eyes.

"Don't mention it," he says, kissing my cheek again. "How was the study?" he asks, looking at me but waiting for a response from Ian, who just shrugs and starts talking to Oli.

"It was good, we made more progress than we expected." I smile at him, watching the slight annoyance in Asher's eyes disappear as his chestnut eyes look at me.

"I missed you today," he says in my ear, landing a light kiss right on my neck.

"Next year it will be." I say, unable to help but get a lump in my throat thinking about the clock counting down.

I drop into my seat just in time to see the professor walk through the door.

I drop the cap of my gray hoodie back, taking off my headphones.

I sip my coffee and puff a little before giving it a slurp.

I finally turn to my right, seeing what appears to me to be too early, Ian Hill's sneering eyebrow.

"Do you have ones in every color?" he says, pointing to my fuzzy black shoes.

A little taller than the white ones I brought a couple of weeks ago.

"You can come home and find out." I replied in the same tone.

"Tell me the day and time." I push his face away with my hand, feeling his laughter in my palm.

Ian hands me a sheet of paper and a pen, and I sigh before jotting down as fast as I can what the professor dictates.

I take a picture of my notes before standing up from my seat, and to my surprise, Ian is still tucked inside his arms.

I'm about to wake him up when I receive a call from an unknown number.

The call lasts exactly three rings before dying.

I look at Ian one more time before heading out the door.

I walk to my car, ignoring the next three classes. Hopefully, I won't last long enough to make it back for the last one.

It takes me almost forty minutes to get to the address he sent me. I sigh at the sight of a small cabin so tucked away that it is perfectly hidden from the view of those passing by on the road.

I climb out of the car, cheering to myself.

A familiar smell wafts into my lungs, and a smile forms as I see the figure sitting in a wooden chair.

"I thought you'd quit smoking." I say this by way of greeting, sitting down next to him.

"I thought you'd stop dressing like you're going to a runway."

"What would be the fun if I didn't?" I say, smiling at him.

He's grayer than before, his face shows the years, and his hunched back doesn't let his great height show.