chapter one

here is the first chapter. the second will be up shortly as well, i thought i'd give you two to start off with. enjoy!!

•••

~ monday afternoon ~

"no that's okay" I spoke into my phone straining slightly due to the box i was trying to lift.

"i'm really sorry again, i promise i'll try and come by later to help you" Jade's voice came though my phones speaker.

I sighed giving her a nod even though she couldn't see it. "yeah, thanks. uhh i gotta go" Jade made kissing noises through the phone before hanging up.

I fumbled a little almost dropping my phone as well as the box in my hands. I took a deep breath, i guess i have to move all these boxes up myself.

I was currently in the process of moving into my first ever solo apartment. I had been saving up since i left high school to afford a place up town.

I got an amazing job right out of high school so i had no need to go to college. I'm still only at the bottom of my workplace but i absolutely love it.

I work at a publishing company, i started as an intern fresh out of high school. Now i'm an assistant for one of the editors, they sometimes let me help giving me work to read over.

I also take photos occasionally, i did a photography course when i was in high school and i'm still really into it. They also sometimes use my photos for book covers or magazines or articles.

So when i had enough money to move closer to work and the city i did. I bought a good apartment in a good area to really start my adulthood.

I had been hauling boxes up to my new apartment for the past 30 minutes until i literally ran into someone. "oh my gosh, i'm so sorry i didn't see you" I immediately apologised.

"don't stress peach" That voice was like silk, sultry and raspy with of course the perfect amount of sexiness. "let me help you" She offered starting to pick up items that had fallen out of the box.

I stood frozen in my spot watching this incredibly gorgeous redhead touch a bunch of my things. She looked up at me with a smirk clearly amused by my state.

"are you moving in?" She asked once she had stood back up. It was like she moved in slow motion as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"uh- i um y-yeah" I stuttered, wow Y/n smooth. I have absolutely no game, and talking to beautiful women terrifies me.

The mystery redhead seemed to love my flustered state as her eyes racked over my body. "did you need help? or have you got assistance?" I shook my head immediately finally noticing how dry my mouth suddenly felt.

"my uh my friend bailed" I stated as a matter of fact, i was kinda thankful Jade couldn't make it because now i've got this woman helping me.

"fantastic, which apartment are you in?" I pointed down the hall to the only open door. The woman hummed picking the box up and making her way into my apartment.

I took this as my opportunity to take in her appearance. The woman was wearing short and tight bike shorts, with a matching sports bra. Had she just done a work out or does she just walk around looking like that.

The woman was breathtaking, from her firery red hair to her toned legs. The woman definitely worked out and took care of her body.

I was brought out of my thoughts when the woman herself returned. "you okay hun?" I shook my head giving her a quick nod before heading back to the elevator.