chapter three

happy monday, who's ready for another chapter!!

•••

~ wednesday morning ~

I was currently running around my apartment trying to make is not look so pathetic. I didn't know exactly what time Natasha was getting here but she said bright and early. 

I looked around taking note of all the random decorative items just waiting for a place to sit. I let out a deep breath as a smoothed down my outfit.

I was trying to look cute but still comfortable enough to build flat packs in. Plus i'm not good with styling so Jade helped me before she left last night.

I had a pair of light denim shorts, they were loose but still hugged my waist nicely. All of that meant nothing because i had a shirt on that was slightly cropped but still fell over the waistband of the shorts. The shirt was light grey with a small pocket on the left side.

I decided to just lay on my rug and play a game on my ipad until either Natasha showed up or one of the deliveries showed up.

It was only another 10 minutes before there was a knock at my door. I knew it was Natasha because i would have received a text if it was either delivery.

I stood on the other side of the door nervously fiddling with my fingers. Here we go i guess. I took hold of the door handle before opening it to reveal the beautiful redhead.

"good morning" Natasha sang holding out one of the two iced coffees she was holding. Both of which were in tumblers, clear with just small writing on them that said 'coffee'.

I chuckled as i took the drink from her. "you weren't lying when you said 'i'll see you bright and early with coffee'" I reminded her as she stepped into my apartment.

"i never lie, i didn't know how you liked it so i put a little sugar syrup in it. just like mine" She held hers up before taking a sip. I followed taking my own sip humming at the delicious taste.

"it's perfect, thanks" Natasha gave me a smile before making her way over to my living room. One that still lacked a sofa, a coffee table and a tv unit.

"so run me through what's going to happen today" I took a breathe looking away from Natasha.

"well, two deliveries are coming, one is furniture and the other one is appliances" I stated as a matter of fact. Natasha gave me a nod tilting her head, silently asking me to continue.

I cleared my throat before continuing, "i've got a tv unit, a coffee table, the matching side table, two bar stools and an armchair. all of which will need to be assembled" Natasha's eyes widened maybe realising she shouldn't have agreed to this.

"shit" I chuckled at her response.

"and a fridge and a washing machine but the delivery guys install those" Natasha hummed taking another sip of her coffee.

Without a response she turned around looking at different things in my apartment. I took this opportunity to take in her attire. Unlike yesterday this outfit was a tad less revealing.

She had a pair of cream denim shorts on, high waisted and frayed at the ends. They were tighter than mine but not too tight that she would be uncomfortable. Instead of a top she had a black Calvin Klein bra on covered only by a loose black button up. One that had no buttons done up and was falling off her shoulders already.

I can already tell this was going to be fun, especially when we started actually building furniture. The thought of Natasha sweaty and doing manual labour was making me feel a certain way.