chapter fifteen

happy monday! how is everyone? i'm fucking tired but it feels like forever since i posted so i'm excited to finally give you guys another chapter!! enjoy

•••

~ monday night ~

I was currently on my way home from work. The day went by pretty fast once Felicity and i got stuck into this new clients book.

We tend to both get consumed by what we are reading. Something i think is important in an editor, if you can't completely submerge yourself in your writers work then what are you doing.

Anyways, when i pulled into the apartment carpark i noticed Natasha's car was gone. I wonder where she was, it was none of my business but i felt a little upset that there wasn't a chance i would run into her.

Once i entered my apartment i let out a long sigh, home at last. I almost forgot how long my work days were, they're the normal 9-5, 8 hour days. However since i just had a week off it seemed even longer.

I am super grateful for my short drive now, i used to have to drive an hour back where my parents lived. It is literally only 5:20pm and i am already home, it was a crazy concept.

I always have a shower first, washing off the days smells and germs and anything else i encounter.

After my nice warm shower i popped on some fresh pjs. I rarely wear anything but pjs around the house. Unless it's a cleaning day or people are coming over.

Tonight for dinner i had chicken, i was just going to coat it in seasoning before cooking it up and serving it with a salad. A very basic meal, i know but it was really good and super easy to make.

~ thursday morning ~

The week progressed as normal, i would wake up, get ready for work, leave for work, spend 8 hours there before coming home.

Nothing exciting happened in the last two days everything ran as scheduled. That was until thursday morning.

I was just about to leave before i remember i had brought the chapter of the Phillip's book i was up to home. I had to quickly run back into my bedroom to grab it.

"nice one Y/n, almost left the fucking thing at home" I chastised myself as i stuffed the stack of papers into my bag.

Finally i could leave, as i opened the front door a red blur took over my vision. "oh sweetheart, fancy meeting you here" Natasha cooed as she stepped aside letting me close my door.

I quickly locked my front door taking a deep breath before turning to face Natasha. The redhead had chosen something a little more sensible today, well compared to some of the outfits i have seen her in.

Natasha had a pair of light blue denim jeans on, they went up to her waist this time. They fit her well around the waist and upper thighs before they became slightly looser around the ankle. She had paired it with a loose fitting crop top. It looked to be some kind of vintage shirt that had been purposely cut to give it the cropped style.

It never ceases to amaze me how amazing this woman's style is. How can she go from an outfit like this to her outfit last friday night. I swear she could pull anything off.

"now where are you going all dressed up, gorgeous" I blushed at the compliment as i readjusted the strap on my shoulder.

"work, where are you off too?" I answered as confidently as i could with her gaze on me.

"hmm, well i am glad i got to see you like this. oh im just going out, ill probably do some shopping" Natasha spoke titling her head slightly as her eyes racked over my body.