005┆we're not asking

°• 🥀 ________  # 005┆CHAPTER FIVE...!

▬ CORI SAT ON THE FLOOR, her hair pulled up into a ponytail and her pajamas hanging loose on her small frame

▬ CORI SAT ON THE FLOOR, her hair pulled up into a ponytail and her pajamas hanging loose on her small frame. In front of her sat a shoebox full of pictures, pictures she had taken off of her walls months ago and despite having taken them down she couldn't bring herself to throw them away. So in the shoebox they sat untouched, until now.

She smiled at a picture of her on Travis' back as they trekked through the woods, Cori had wanted to start hiking but got tired on the way back. She moved the photo and a small chuckle left her lips at the picture of her and Emmett playing video games, her hand was in front of his face trying to distract him and his hand was wrapped around her wrist to move her hand and bus eyes were on her. The next picture was probably her favorite, she wore a smile as she stood on Emmett's toes, they were dancing around the Cullens' living room, and the look on his face, she couldn't even describe it. It was the same way he looked at her just a few hours before, only there was a sadness in his eyes as he said his goodbyes.

She wiped her cheeks and put the pictures back before closing the box and sliding it under her bed. They were leaving and she knew that one way or another, she'd have to get over him eventually.

She hadn't even pushed herself off the floor when her door was thrown open and Charlie rushed up the small set of stairs that lead up to her room, his breathing was labored and his eyes wild as he glanced around the room in a frenzy. "Where's Bella?" He asked, out of breath.

"I thought she was in her room." She told him, pushing herself to feet as her eyebrows creased. "Her truck was in the driveway when Noah dropped me off."

"She's not here. I've checked everywhere. She's just..." He shook his head, dragging his hand down his face and Cori moved towards him, wrapping her arms around him. He let out a small sigh as he wrapped his arms around her, his eyes closed for a moment as he tried to steady his breathing.

"We'll find her."

>>>>> • <<<<<

▬ CORI STOOD NEXT TO HER DAD as he leaned over the hood of his police cruiser, his eyes scanning the map he had laid out. Billy Black and Harry Clearwater were on either side of them, the latter on a computer. The yard was filled with people who had volunteered to help locate the missing Swan, including Carter and Noah, as well as most of the football team.

"She couldn't have gone far." Cori looked over the map despite not really knowing how to read it, she let out a huff, all the lines and numbers were giving her a headache from hell. She shook her head and stepped away from the car, getting a small reassuring squeeze on her hand from Billy before she walked over towards the group of teenagers that stood on the side of the house.

"Any idea why she would take off into the woods?" Carter asked once the girl stopped at his side, her hand finding his as she wrapped her other arm around his forearm.