006┆halloween

°• 🥀 ________  # 006┆CHAPTER SIX...!

October

October

▬ "YOU'RE GONNA GET US KICKED OUT." Paul chuckled as he stopped at the end of the aisle that the two girls were on, Cori held a fake sword and Rachel held a fake bat. And the lady at the register was watching them like a hawk.

"You must parish!" Cori shouted, swinging her sword at the girl, only to have her meet the hit with the bat.

"Strike!" Rachel laughed and they continued to fight with their weapons. "Two more and you're out."

"I thought we were finding costumes." Paul crossed his arms over his chest, an amused smirk on his face.

"Yeah, but first, we must fight to the death!"

"What she said!" Cori nodded, looking over at the boy.

"Okay." He nodded as he looked around the store, his smirk grew when saw a pitchfork. He quickly grabbed the flimsy plastic and poked Rachel's back.

"Hey!" She turned, her eyebrows pinched and her weapon at her side. "What was that for?" She didn't get a response and he reached out, his hand at the end of the handle, as he tried to stab Cori but she jumped out of the way.

"Missed!" She cheered, swinging the sword a little but instead of knocking the pitchfork away she smacked one of the shelves and all of the masks next to them fell to the floor causing all three of them to freeze. "Paul! You should be more careful."

"That wasn't me!" He defended, putting the pitchfork back.

"It was. I saw you." Rachel added, hanging the bat back in its place as Cori put the sword back.

He simply shook his head in disbelief. "Can't take you two anywhere." He mumbled as they all bent down to pick up the masks and put them back. "Now, let's find costumes and get out of here before the lady behind the counter kills us." The girls peaked around the shelf to see that the lady was indeed glaring at them, she had been since they came in goofing off.

It didn't take long after that for Rachel and Cori to find costumes, and not just for them but for pretty much everyone. Cori quickly texted the groupchat letting everyone know that they would be doing a group costume. So, with a plan and a promise to be back with the rest of the group, the three left, much to the cashiers relief. They really had been total menaces since they walked into the store that morning and she was grateful when the door closed behind them.

>>>>> • <<<<<

▬ THE MUSIC WAS LOUD, the lights down low, fog covered the floor, cobwebs hung from the ceiling, skeletons were placed randomly around the room, jack-o-lanterns lined the stairs, and sweaty, drunk teenagers danced and jumped around like they were having the time of their lives to The Monster Mash. Everyone sang along, most off key, but everyone was enjoying it.