015┆little monster

°• 🥀 ________  # 015┆CHAPTER FIFTEEN...!

▬ EMILY SMILED A LITTLE as she looked over at the girl that sat on the couch, a book in her hands and a blanket pulled around her shoulders

EMILY SMILED A LITTLE as she looked over at the girl that sat on the couch, a book in her hands and a blanket pulled around her shoulders. Cori hadn't said much of anything since that day in the woods, not to anyone really, which Carter and Noah had noticed. She had been different and though their other friends knew why, they didn't. Carter would call to make plans and Cori would make up an excuse, usually that she was working but that wasn't believable because she had called out of work the last two days claiming she was sick.

"Hey, muffins are ready." Emily told her and Cori looked over her shoulder to see the woman holding up a plate of rather large muffins. "Want one?"

"I'm good. Thanks, Em." She gave her a smile, getting a nod in return as she placed the plate on the counter. "Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, of course." Emily nodded as Cori turned so her knees were pressed into the cushions and her chin was on the back of the couch.

"Do you ever get tired of cooking all the time? I mean, they eat like four meals in one sitting and there's a lot of them. So, you're basically cooking all the time."

"I like cooking." Emily smiled. "And, I don't know, it's almost like I'm feeding my kids so, no, I don't get tired of it."

"Makes sense, they're all pretty childish." She mumbled, getting a chuckle from the women. "But are there other things you like to do?"

"I read and I like shopping, and no, not just for groceries." She gave the girl a look, her smile still intact. "I even paint, I'm not very good, but I like it. But one of my favorite things is taking care of others."

"Do you think that's why Sam imprinted on you? Because he's the alpha and that kind of makes you a mom of sorts?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "But it makes sense. Why are you asking all the sudden?"

"I'm just curious." She told her but before either could say anything else a noise sounded from outside.

"The guys are back." Emily hummed. "And get your knees out of my couch."

"Oh, sorry." Cori quickly turned around so she was sitting on her butt with her knees pulled up to her chest and her book open.

"Cori." Jared walked over and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, making her giggle. "You doing okay?"

"I'm fine." She patted his forearm. "I think Emily made muffins, let go of me and go get one."

"You love me." He hummed as he stood up and made his way over to the counter where Emily stood with the muffins. "You're the best." He told the woman and she chuckled, then Embry walked in, going straight for the muffins.

"You guys hungry? Like I have to ask."

"They're always hungry." Cori added. "There isn't enough food in the world." Emily laughed as the two boys agreed, but their voices were muffled by the food.