019┆very reluctant yes

°• 🥀 ________  # 019┆CHAPTER NINETEEN...!

▬ "HEY

"HEY." Cori looked up on her way back to her room, her wet hair pulled over her shoulder.

"Hey, Daddy." She gave him a small smile, but he didn't return it.

"Three days." He shook his head.

"I know. I'm sorry. But I couldn't let her go alone. She wasn't in the right headspace, still not convinced she is. I just had to make sure she was okay."

He nodded, a sigh leaving his lips. "You can't do that to me again, either of you." She nodded her head. "And you're grounded."

"Yeah, figured as much." She hummed.

"Well, um, get some sleep." He waved his hand towards her bedroom door.

"Goodnight, Daddy." She stepped closer to him and wrapped her arms around him, he smiled as he patted her back before he lightly kissed the top of her head.

"You're still grounded." He mumbled and she laughed lightly as she pulled back. "G'night, Cori." She gave him another smile before making her way to her room. She closed the door behind her and made her way up the small flight of stairs, ready to sleep for days but that plan was dashed the second she reached the top and there he stood.

"Damn, Shortcake, it's been too long." He mumbled, then suddenly he was right in front of her and she jumped back a little as a gasp pushed past her lips, but he secured his arm around her waist before she could tumble down the stairs as she latched onto his shirt. "Sorry."

"Wha-What are you doing here?" She asked as he steadied her, her fingers still tight around the fabric.

"Travis told me what happened." He told her, his voice quiet. "Why would you jump off a cliff? And you tried to offer yourself up to the Volturi?" He shook his head. "The Cori I knew would never."

"I've changed... at least a little." She shrugged and he chuckled, pulling her closer to him. "Emmett-" She shook her head, her palms against his chest.

"I know." He bent down, his forehead against hers. "I'm just so happy that you're okay."

She chuckled lightly. "Okay is a relative term."

"Damn, I missed you." He lightly kissed her forehead before pulling her to him and she wrapped her arms around him because even though she didn't want to admit it, she had missed him too.

>>>>> • <<<<<

CORI SAT ON THE STAIRS at the Cullen house, she was a little irritated but after Emmett had given her a bag of powdered donuts her complaining subsided... a little. She had her legs stretched across the bottom step with her back against the wall and the bag of donuts in her lap, she even hummed a little as she bit into another donut.