018┆little one

°• 🥀 ________  # 018┆CHAPTER EIGHTEEN...!

▬ "ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, this is a really beautiful town

"ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, this is a really beautiful town." Cori mumbled, her blue eyes taking in the gorgeous architecture of the buildings that towered over her. Her hand was still wrapped around Travis', though now it was more so that she didn't get lost amongst the hundreds of people in red. "Why did I give up photography?"

"You did photography?" The vampire asked, making sure they stayed close to Alice.

"Yeah, when I was ten I told my dad I wanted to take pictures and he got me this little disposable camera and I took pictures of everything. They weren't good."

"Keep up." Alice huffed, looking over her shoulder at the two.

"Sorry." Cori mumbled, it had been her fault they had fallen behind. She kept getting distracted by the sheer beauty of the town around her, even as people milled about in a sea of red - she almost felt like she was underdressed, only because she wasn't also sporting a red cloak. She tightened her hand around Travis' fingers and quickened her steps, reminding herself they were there to save the vampire she called psycho and not to admire the buildings around them. "Do you know where we're going?"

"Yes." Alice hummed, stopping in front of a large wooden door. Then she pushed and the door opened, the lock on the inside breaking before she stepped in, Travis and Cori close behind her. "Come on, guys." She took her sunglasses and scarf off, a small smile playing on her lips as she stepped up beside Edward - two other vampires stood before them. "It's a festival."

"Yeah." Travis added, tugging the hood from his head. "Wouldn't wanna make a scene." He narrowed his eyes at the taller of the two and Cori shuffled behind him. Drawing the other vampires' attention to her... they both had red eyes, like Laurant... like James.

"We wouldn't." The tallest spoke, his voice soft, his eyes on Cori as she gripped onto Travis' arm, her finger curling around the fabric of his sweater.

"Enough." They all looked down the hall as a blonde girl approached them, moving the hood from her head as she stopped between the two red eyed vampires.

"Jane." Edward dropped his gaze to the floor, Alice and Travis soon after and Cori did as well, she wasn't sure what was going on and she didn't want to cause any problems.

"Aro sent me to see what was taking so long." She stated, her crimson eyes bouncing to each of five that stood before her before she simply turned and walked away, her shoes clicking against the floor.

"Just do as she says." Alice whispered, her voice low as she looked from Bella to Cori, who was still mostly behind Travis – who wished he hadn't told Cori. He wished he had kept her in Forks where it was safe. Mostly because he didn't want anything to happen to the small human, she meant a great deal to him, but also because he knew that Emmett would kill him if anything happened to even a hair on her head.