008┆cuter in person

°• 🥀 ________  # 008┆ CHAPTER EIGHT...!

December

December

▬ CORI LAUGHED AS SHE flopped back into the snow, her arms stretched out and a wide smile on her face. She loved the snow and she had been outside in the snow everyday since it started. It was so deep that she fell through it, leaving a Cori-shaped hole in the snow bank.

"You are a strange kid." Charlie shook his head, a chuckle behind his words as he rested his ax on his shoulder.

"Hey, Chief." Charlie turned to see Carter and Noah making their way through the snow, both in thick coats – the latter still spotting his letterman.

"Hey, boys." He waved, slightly confused.

"Cori called, said you were chopping down a tree. Thought you could use some help." Carter told him as he scanned the yard but neither he nor Noah saw the blue eyed Swan.

"Oh, yeah. I'd appreciate it."

"Where's the pipsqueak?" Noah asked, still looking around.

Charlie shook his head and pointed at the snow bank. "Every time." He shrugged, adjusting the ax as he made his way to the treeline. Cori giggled, sitting up a little bit and she smiled over at the two boys.

"Hi." She raised her gloved hand to wave at the two.

"You're gonna freeze." Noah laughed as they made their way over to her.

"If snow takes me out, I'd be a happy little ghost." She hummed.

"This is the opposite of helping!" Charlie called out as he inspected the trees, looking for a good one. "Come on, Cori, you're better at this than me."

"Let's go, Peanut." Carter held his hand out and she took it, he pulled her to her feet and steadied her when she started to tip over, which made her smile. Then they started across the snow covered yard towards Charlie.

"What do you think of this one?" The oldest Swan asked, pointing at the closest tree.

"Nope." Cori shook her head, making her way towards another tree.

"What? Why not?"

"There's a hole." She pointed at the gaping bald spot and he narrowed his eyes as he shook his head.

"She's picky." Carter chuckled, making his way over to the girl. "Does it really matter?"

"You know how you love Halloween?" She looked up at him and he nodded. "That's how I feel about Christmas."

"Got it." He nodded and they separated, all four looking at the trees, inspecting them carefully.

"Think I found a good one!" Noah called out and the others made their way over to him.