017┆not built for jail

°• 🥀 ________  # 017┆CHAPTER SEVENTEEN...!

▬ "WHAT ARE- WHY

"WHAT ARE- WHY...?" She couldn't find the words, no question would truly cover everything rolling around in her head. She was shocked, stunned even but there was a small piece of relief as she looked up at him, which only made him chuckle at the expression on her face.

"It's been a while."

"Why are you here?" She managed to ask, moving closer to him, her hand raised as she poked his arm just to make sure he was real and he shook his head a little as he reached out and patted the top of her head.

"I'm really here." He chuckled. "Alice has been keeping tabs on you and Bella. She saw Bella jump off the cliff, she thought she was trying to kill herself. Then you jumped, and there's no way you would... I mean, you have all your friends and you seem happy, so that didn't make-"

"Travis." She cut him off and he settled his eyes on her as she pushed her hair back out of her face.

"I had to come make sure you were okay, you're my best friend – whether you want to be or not. And I couldn't let Alice come alone if both of you had..." He cleared his throat, finding the words incredibly hard to say. "I just had to make sure you were okay."

She didn't have the words, her eyes brimming with tears as she smiled up at him. She had missed him, she had missed his jokes and the way he always seemed to embarrass Emmett so easily. She had missed the way he always tried to make her laugh and how he always tried to make light of heavy topics. "I missed you." She moved forward, wrapping her arms around his torso. He was surprised but quickly wrapped his arms around her as her hands fisted around the jacket he wore.

"Travis?" Bella questioned, her eyebrows creased, as she and Alice made their way into the living room, a warm mug of coffee in her hands.

"Hey, Bella." He nodded his head as he pulled away from Cori, but the little human stayed close to him. "Alice came for you, I came for Cori. Best friend duties." He answered her unasked question, but there was a slightly bitter tone mixed with his words.

"Be nice." Alice scolded him and he rolled his eyes as she moved towards Cori, a blue mug in her hands. "Drink this, it'll warm you up."

"Thanks, Alice." She gave her a small smile as she took it, letting out a soft exhale as the warmth seeped through the ceramic and to her palms.

>>>>> • <<<<<

"MY EYES ARE CLOSED." Travis huffed, holding his hand over his eyes and the girl turned a little just to make sure before she tugged Jacob's shirt over her head and unclasped her bra. "And no offense, but the only naked woman I wanna see is my wife."

She chuckled as she pulled out a clean bra and shirt, pulling them on before tugging her mostly wet jeans down her legs, she shivered a little but made quick work of changing into dry pants. "So you are married?"