011┆distraction

°• 🥀 ________  # 011┆DISTRACTION...!

▬ CORI HUMMED TO HERSELF as she sat between Bella and Jacob in the former's truck, she was poking at the buttons on the radio trying to find a decent radio station to fill the otherwise silent cab

CORI HUMMED TO HERSELF as she sat between Bella and Jacob in the former's truck, she was poking at the buttons on the radio trying to find a decent radio station to fill the otherwise silent cab. She smiled when Carrie Underwood's Before He Cheats softly hummed from the speakers but before she could reach for the volume knob Bella smacked her hand, getting an irritated look from the younger girl.

"Why do you hate music?" Cori asked, her eyebrows pinched, her eyes narrowed and her lips slightly pouted.

"I don't hate music." Bella shrugged, reaching over to turn the radio off completely.

"Liar." She huffed as she sunk into the middle of the bench seat. Jacob chuckled at the two, they had been arguing most of the day and he was surprised when Cori asked to join them. Mostly because she usually had plans with her other friends or she was at work, but she told him that she wanted to spend some time with her sister now that she was out of her funk.

"You guys are entertaining." He mused, shifting a little closer to the door so he wasn't squashing Cori. "I'm glad you could come, Little Bit, haven't seen much of you recently."

"What do you mean? I'm at your house all the time. Your sister is one of my best friends and we have sleepovers very frequently."

"Yeah, but you're always in her room, I assume, talking about boys."

"We are not. She usually helps me with my homework, then we eat junk food and watch movies. There is barely any boy-talk."

"Right." He hummed, completely unconvinced.

"Is that Sam Uley?" Bella asked, cutting the two off as she pointed out the windshield towards the group of shirtless boys that stood on the cliff and Cori smiled a little when she saw them.

"Yeah." Jacob nodded, his tone unimpressed and maybe even a little bitter. "Him and his cult."

"They aren't a cult." Cori huffed, her eyes narrowed at the boy before she looked over at them again.

"Is that Paul?" Bella asked, her eyes wide as she looked from them to Cori for just a moment and she turned back just in time to see Paul and Jared push a smaller boy over the edge. "Oh my God." She quickly pulled over and jumped out. "Did you see that?" She asked, shocked and a little panicked as she ran across the road.

Cori moved across the seat, leaning out the driver side window as Jacob climbed out and rounded the trunk. "They're not really fighting, Bella. They're cliff diving."

"Yeah, it's terrifying but kind of fun. In a my heart plummets into my stomach kind of way." Cori added, but her eyes were on the guys as Jared jumped.

"I think she means to say, it's a total rush." Jacob gave Cori a teasing look and she rolled her eyes.

"A rush?" She asked, watching the guys again as Paul stepped up to the edge, the boy even raised his arm in a wave, which Cori returned as a wide smile spread across her face.