014┆laurent

°• 🥀 ________  # 014┆CHAPTER FOURTEEN...!

▬ CORI HUMMED AS SHE munched on a bag of doritos as she followed Bella through the woods, her eyes on ground in front of her to make sure she didn't fall

CORI HUMMED AS SHE munched on a bag of doritos as she followed Bella through the woods, her eyes on ground in front of her to make sure she didn't fall. That was the last thing she wanted. She looked up when Bella stopped and turned to face her, making sure she was keeping up, and Cori smiled as she waved at her older sister.

"Why did you insist on coming?" Bella asked once Cori reached her by a small creek.

"I wasn't gonna let you go traipsing through the woods alone, Bell. I love you but you're a bit clumsy."

"You're one to talk." Bella muttered as she turned and started across the creek, using the rocks to get across.

"Whatever." Cori shook her head. "You also have a very poor sense of direction. I know this because we passed the same tree twice before you changed direction. Where are we going anyways?"

"This way."

"Oh, yes, thank you, captain obvious."

Bella hesitated for a moment as she turned and held her hand out to Cori to help her over the last little jump to the edge of the creek. "Edward showed me this meadow once and I wanna find it."

"Find it as in you don't know how to get there and we're just wandering aimlessly around the woods until we do find it?"

"Not exactly." Bella shrugged as she turned and walked away, Cori shook her head before following her sister.

"Well, if we're lost it's better to be lost together then lost alone." Bella chuckled slightly, she never understood how Cori could find the brightside to any situation but it was something she loved and even envied about her younger sister. "And if we get too lost I can call Paul, he and Jared know the woods pretty well."

"We're not lost."

"Okay." She shrugged, finishing off her bag of chips before tucking her trash into Bella's backpack before wiping her hands on her jeans. The rest of the trek was pretty much quiet between the two girls, there was the occasional are you sure we're not lost? from Cori which Bella had started to ignore after the third time she asked. And she was about to ask again when they broke through the treeline. "So you do have a sense of direction." Cori mumbled as she walked past her sister and looked around the clearing. "He brought you here? It's kind of dead. Though it makes sense because he was a di-" She turned, her face falling when she saw her sister on one knee, her hand pressed into the dead grass before she tightened into a fist and pulled some of the dead blades from the ground. "Bell?" Bella didn't answer, she unclened her fist and let the dead grass flutter back to the ground as she stood up but her eyes were focused on something behind Cori.

"Cori." Bella reached out for her sister, but the younger girl had already turned around to see a man standing on the other side of the clearing, his eyes - which even from the distance Cori could tell were red - on them. He had dark skin, long dreadlocks, and a look of intrigue on his face. Cori stumbled backwards, her hands shaking as she latched onto her sister's arm.