016┆i got you

°• 🥀 ________  # 016┆CHAPTER SIXTEEN...!

▬ "THE LAST TIME WE DID THIS, I almost died

"THE LAST TIME WE DID THIS, I almost died." Cori mumbled as she followed Bella through the undergrowth of the forest, her eyes on her feet as she stepped over tree roots and rocks.

"I told you you didn't have to come."

"Again, I'm not letting you trek into the woods alone, especially when this Victoria chick is out here and wants to kill you. I'm a good sister."

"And I'm not?" Bella asked, looking over her shoulder.

"That's not what I meant." She shook her head, making Bella chuckle a little.

"Just come on." Bella rolled her eyes, pushing a tree branch out of the way.

"So, why did we need to come all the way out here just for the view?" Cori asked, getting a little winded – that's why she gave up on hiking. "Are you gonna take pictures or something?"

"Uh, sure." Bella nodded, but Cori could tell something was off.

"Oh, God." She huffed as they broke through the trees near the cliff. "This isn't another one of those adrenaline junkie things that you do so you can see that psycho, is it?"

Bella was quiet for a moment and Cori sighed, running her hands over her braids. "I told you not to come."

"Jeez, Bella, do you have a death wish or something?" She huffed, putting herself between her sister and the edge. "This is crazy and potentially dangerous."

"You've done it."

"Yeah, from lower down and I had the guys with me and Dad knew where I was, so did Harry and Billy." She argued. "No one knows we're here, there's no one to help us if we get pulled under. You could hit the rocks, you could drown."

"I don't care." Bella pushed her to the side. "I have to see him."

"You realize that this isn't healthy, right?"

"And you sleeping with your best friend is?" She snapped back, stepping closer to the edge, and Cori went silent. She was so sure that no one other than Rachel and Kim knew and for Bella to throw that in her face was a little hard to take. "Yeah, you're not so subtle."

"You're a bitch." She shook her head. "You do not have to bring Carter into this, and how is what I'm doing not healthy? We're friends and we fool around a little, but I'm not pinning after Emmett. I'm not using Carter as a replacement. But you pinning after Edward, sitting in your room for months, using Jake as some kind of buffer, and all this insane shit that you do just so you can see him... none of this is healthy. You need help, Bella. Professional help."

"No, I need to see him." And with that she simply stepped off the edge.

Cori gasped, running to the edge as tears filled her eyes. "Bella!" She watched and let out a small sigh when she saw her head break the surface. "Oh my God." She breathed out, but her relief was washed away when a wave rolled over Bella and pulled her under. "No, no, no." Her hands shook as she took a breath and wiped her tears, watching again as a wave rolled over her sister. "Okay." She took a breath and stepped up to the edge. "You've done this before." She told herself then she stepped off the edge.