Chapter 16

I woke up, grabbing the luggage I packed the night before.
It's May 4, 2009. I finally have my own room! It has a beautiful bathroom, and a decent sized closet. I walk over to Tom's room, knocking on his door to wake him up.

Tom and I are friends with benefits, he made it clear he wasn't ready to hop into another relationship. I feel something other than "just friends" for Tom. But he doesn't like me like that. The band and I were catching a flight to New York City for the Met Ball.

Tom opened his bedroom door, smiling at me. He had his durag on and his sunglasses over his eyes. He looked ready to hop on a plane for 6 hours. A few weeks ago Tom came home with braids and he died his hair black. He looks even hotter than he did before. He looked so much older, darker brought out the masculinity in his face. It showed everyone how much his face fat slimmed down. He also changed his lip ring from silver to black.

It was 2:30 in the morning, we needed to be at the runway on time. "Guten Morgen" Tom smiled at me as he grabbed his luggage bringing it downstairs. The cars were already outside waiting for us. Fuck, everyone else was still asleep.

"I'll tackle Gustav and Georg, you tackle Bill?" I ask Tom. I tried to wake Bill once, but he isn't much of a morning person. I quickly walk upstairs banging my fist on Georg and Gustav's doors.
"Rise and shine princesses, we're gonna be late!" I yell. I run into my room grabbing my luggages as I see Georg and Gustav scurrying with their luggages down the stairs.

All of the guys haven't been getting much sleep because they were working on a new album. They wont tell me the name of the album or songs. They're also going on tour next year, I hear them talk about it through the walls.

I put the leashes on the dogs as I grab their crates. My met final fitting was in 10 hours, I was so excited.
Tom was kind enough to ask me to go with him to the met a few months ago. I had chosen a beautiful blue metallic dress (photos above, both Tom and Ella's looks at the start of the next chapter). I was so pumped to wear my beautiful dress. My mom was going to be there, she hadn't reached out to me since that whole event happened. New York is a beautiful city and I was excited to be getting shown around by Bill, Tom, Georg, and Gustav. Best part about it that I was allowed to bring the dogs (and totally not how we were staying for 1 week).

I open the door as the drivers put the bags in the car. I give the dogs their sleeping pills, helping them stay calm on the flight. I walk to the car with everyone, leaving my dogs in their crates by the door. I stand by the trunk waiting for the dogs to be put in the back. I didn't want them to be nervous for their first flight, I loved them with my whole heart. I watched the drivers put them into the trunk as they shut it. They hopped into the driver and passengers seat. There were 6 seats in the escalade a two in the middle and two in the back.

As soon as I opened the door, I noticed all of the seats were taken. Tom patted his lap with a smirk, letting me know to sit on his lap. It was really my only choice, other than sitting on the floor.
I sighed sitting on his lap, I really wasn't used to Tom's new-found confidence about PDA.
Maybe It was the braids, but at first Tom wasn't really happy about how people viewed his new hair. People were calling him ugly and he would come home and lock himself in the bathroom crying.

I laid my head back on his shoulder, trying to fall asleep for a few minutes. Just as my eyes were finally closing a camera flash went off.

I opened my eyes in a hurry, after the whole thing about paparazzi stalking me wherever I went I've been super paranoid. I look around seeing Bill smiling widely with a small canon camera in his hands.

The car came to a stop as I practically jumped out of toms lap and onto the tarmac. I really just wanted to go to sleep on the plane.

"You okay?" I hear Bill ask.
"Yeah, I'm good" Tom says under his breath.
I turn around to see Tom grabbing bills arm, kinda squeezing it. Bill is looking at Tom with so much admiration it was adorable. Tom kept whispering stuff to Bill. Bill smirked at Tom, glancing at me once in
a while.

Were they talking about me? I ignored it walking onto the plane, and sitting on a comfortable reclining chair. I started dozing off as the band was getting on the plane.

I felt someone sit in the chair next to me, I flutter my eyes a little. Seeing Tom slowly come into vision. I adjusted my body to lie my head on his shoulder. Finally- I dozed off.

-
Authors Note:
Fuck no bro, only like 900 words I swear next chapter will be a lot longer, idk whats up with me.
I think Dari is fucking with my brain again, he's like a devil. Like go back to Spain, we don't want it here.
I'm deadass exhausted and I'm watching the bear while writing this. Imma go to bed right after I post this tho. 🙏
LOVE YOU ALL, THANK YOU FOR READING
1/22/24 11:00PM