Insane Aru AU

___________________________________________________________

"You need to do some extracurricular activities, look at all your classmates, they all do something unique" Krithika scolded "doing extracurricular activities will help you later in life. you'll have more skills and will help you be more focused."

"But i am-"

"No, you're not, all you ever do is watch those stupid movies and read your fantasy books. How will that help you in later in life, huh?"

Aru sat there, tears forming in her eyes. She didn't know how to respond but there was one thing she really wanted to say.

One word

It bounced around in her head and filled it, but she didn't dare say it. Her mom didn't get it.

"And on top of that, you fill your head with nonsense quotes instead of your studies. You got a B in Maths Aru, a B. We are Indian, we always get top marks. When i was growing up, a B was basically a fail. All those classes I'm paying hundreds of dollars, yet your math skills are still poor. I'm trying to help you Aru why can't you understand."

No, she doesn't Aru thought, she never did. That word multiplied and it made her want to say it even more. Of course not, she said to herself, why Aru are you so stupid.

"Now go to your room and study. I heard there was going to be a test this week."

Aru speed walked up the stairs. She closed her door and collapsed onto her knees. Her mom did what she loved and enjoyed her work. She wasn't pushed around. She didn't have to worry about her looks. She didn't have to worry about what others think of her. Tears ran down her face. She actually enjoyed her job. She didn't have to choose between being picked on or fitting in. She never had to conceal her true self. She never had to hide.

Ping!

She looked at her phone. There was a messege from her dad. Her mom told her to never respond to him or look at his messages, but she did anyways.

(underlined is her dad, italics is Aru)

Aru

what do you want

Is it so wrong for a father to talk to his daughter?

Yes if its you

Aru, what did I do wrong?

Everything

Give me another chance I'll make it right i promise

You had one, you should have come back

You don't understand I'm trying to make the world a better place

You're lying

I'm just being imaginative

Aru froze. That's what she'd always say when someone said that she had lied about something. She decided to be straight forward.

What do you want

I want you to join me we can both make the world better. Afterall, aren't you struggling. I'll support you i promise like a good father would do. We'll get back at those who hurt you.

....

Think about it ,you know where to find me

He stopped typing. Aru sat down on her bed and thought about it. Nah that's too much she said to herself, casually procrastinating the decision she has to make. She attempted her homework a few minutes later but gave up after a while. She felt tired so she went ahead and fell asleep on her desk, dreaming of the characters that kept her sanity intact, who gave her purpose. Her mood had changed but one other thing hadn't.

One word.

Well, I was in an angsty mood today. (or was it a vent?) Anyways hope you liked it! if you didn't, well don't be mean about it. i hope your week's been going well cuz mine sure hasn't. have a nice day/night/afternoon!

✨BYE✨

-Sara ♥🔥💃✨💅🏻😈🎉

________________________________________________________