Ghost

Aiden walked through the hallway looking down. He glanced up and saw a girl. Her hair was in a braid and she wore a black dress with a veil that completely covered her face. She wore a necklace that looked so familiar to Aiden but she silently walked away. Aiden wanted to call out to her but she was already gone. Aiden adjusted his backpack and continued to his last class. 

~~~~

"Ma?"

"Yes Ace-cakes?" Malini answered. 

"Can you give me our photo album?"

"Sure which one?"

"The one with all our friends"

"Here" Malini answered Aiden after handing it to him.

He flipped through the pages, seeing friends and cousins whom he recognized. He stopped at one picture and gasped. It was his friend Aru. It hurt to see her picture, her cute mischievous smile, and her bright eyes. After all she was Aidens first and last ever crush, though he didn't like to admit it. She brought out the best in Aiden. But her birthday was a disaster.

Her 16th birthday.

She was always suicidal, but it never got to the point where she'd do it. But it did. And it was her birthday. It was a small birthday party, but she was happy with it. Or so they all thought.

She died right after everyone left. Aiden remembered running through the rain to school to get to her, desperately trying to get her to wake up but it was futile. He remembered the people from the ambulance pull him away from his one true love and then Aiden new for certain he would never love again. She had jumped off the building. Aiden didn't eat for days, and the only things he ate were all of Aru's favorite foods for the next few months. He had a little memorial of Aru in his closet that he'd sit next to when he needed her presence most. He soon came back to normal, but he was never the same after. Always he felt like he was missing a part of him. He always kept a bag of Swedish fish in his pocket like he did when Aru would ask him for any snacks. Malini knew how Aiden felt and when she discovered the little memorial in his closet she had cried. She didn't know he had been affected this much. But she should have predicted it. After all she always knew Aru would one day become her daughter in law because Aiden had loved her, and Aru loved him too. 

Aiden looked at the picture and his suspicions were correct. In the picture Aru was smiling and she had on the same necklace as the girl Aiden saw at school. Aiden was shocked. She's dead. Then how could that girl-

Aiden shot up out of his bed.

"SHE'S A GHOST" And then he smacked his hands over his mouth.

"Maybe I can talk to her" He then formulated a plan to try to talk to her. Aiden had to talk to her. He needed it.

And maybe she did too.