Poppy Redemption?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I bought this device for you" Burton said to Poppy. It was a scanner like device.

"Why would you do that, I don't want it"

"It lets you feel the mental pain of others" Burton explained.

"Oh it does?"

"Yup or it can be the other way around"

Poppy now had an idea. She would gift the device to the idiot girl Aru and have her feel all the pain that Poppy felt. She smiled to herself thinking about it.

"Yeah okay now leave" Poppy said, shooing Burton away. Aru was a few feet away, reading a book with her headphones on. 

What if I tried it on her, Poppy thought, she's almost always either happy or sassy so it shouldn't be that bad

She pressed the button to turn the gadget on and pointed it at Aru. That's when the heat started. It started off as cold but got warmer and warmer until it was blazing, and all Poppy wanted to do was die. She screamed, tears running down her face rapidly, and holding her head in her hands because of the pain, a crowd of people gathering around her to try to help, Arielle and burton being the ones to lead her to the nurse. There was loneliness, guilt, heartbreak, and so much pain swirling around in her head and so many whispers of bad things about Poppy in her head that made her want to shrivel up and not exist anymore.

"Make it stop, please" Poppy said to the nurse through tears, "make it stop"

"It's okay sweetheart, you'll be okay" the nurse said, trying to pry the device out of Poppy's hand, which had started to heat up, unable to handle all of Aru's pain. The nurse, with the help of Arielle and Burton, ripped it out of her hands. She started to breath normally, hiccupping from her crying but the nurse was stern.

"Who did you try this device on" She asked firmly.

"A-Aru" Poppy said, sipping a glass of water Arielle had given her.

"Okay now you'll have to go back home early to recover, Arielle, Burton, go back to class" The nurse instructed, and all three students obeyed. As her driver drove her home, she had time to think. Aru felt that much pain and she hid it so well. Why though, Poppy wondered.

"Oh my god, are you okay sweetie" Poppy's mom asked her hugging her tightly then holding her by the shoulders.

"I swear I'll sue whoever hurt you" 

"No Mom, it's okay"

"But-"

"Mom, I'm fine" Poppy said, now annoyed, she walked up the stairs to her room. She laid down on her bed. Maybe Aru was going through more than her. Poppy thought about the guilt. She shouldn't have to feel guilty about her tormenting Aru but what would happen if she were to leave Aru alone. Poppy reached into her backpack, pulling out the device that had caused all of this. Maybe Aru needed some help. Poppy then made a decision. She'd help Aru but in secret because it might cause Poppy to lose her friends, but it would be enough to make her feel better. And then a little voice in her head said something that Poppy had buried so far down in her heart; she didn't think that was the main reason she wanted to help.

And maybe they could become friends, it said.

Maybe 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I swear I'm trying something out. I've always seen Poppy as the bad guy but i wanted to try to write from her POV, you get my drift? 

Anyhow, how was it?

I think it was okay.

And also my writing has improved dramatically I've noticed. I'm really glad. 

-Sara