CHAPTER 1

Early in the morning, a small, round, fluffy-feathered gray sparrow flew from afar and landed tentatively on the windowsill.

On the windowsill, a small green plant lay quietly in a pot.

The green herb was lustrous and the tips of its tender green leaves were crystal clear. They stretched out from the stem and comfortably swayed slightly in the wind. A small flower bud adorned the top of the green herb, like a small pompom, shyly hiding in the slender leaves, showing a hint of laziness.

The little gray sparrow jumped up to the edge of the flower pot. Its tiny beak was just about to touch the leaves of the small green herb when the sound of people suddenly came from outside the courtyard.

The little gray sparrow was startled and fluttered its wings to the eaves of the room.

Two servant girls, one tall and one short, whispered as they walked into the courtyard.

"Say, what is going on with our little Prince, he wants to marry someone with an unknown background. Look at how angry the Great Princess is."

"No idea, I even heard that it was a man. Although no one knows how he looks, for the Prince to publicly go against His Holiness, he must be a top-tier beauty."

"What are you thinking about, you brat? If he really were to marry our Prince, he would be considered the Princess Consort. Whether he is a beauty or not isn't something we can discuss."

After the short servant girl was knocked on the head, she closed her mouth and said no more. She took out a watering can from the basket and watered the flowers and plants in the courtyard.

After a while, she continued, "But according to the law, didn't they say that men can only be concubines and not the legal wife?"

"Exactly," the tall servant girl sighed as she pruned the flowers, "Otherwise why would His Holiness, who had always spoiled and pampered the Prince so much, lock him up in the palace and make him reflect on his actions. I heard that the Prince wanted that young man to marry over as his consort. Sigh, refusing to explain where that young man came from and refusing to let others see him, no matter who you ask, who would agree?"

The short servant girl paused before covering her face and chuckling: "Maybe it's because he's afraid that he'll make things difficult for the young man. I didn't think that our Prince would ever have a time that he would actually be infatuated and overprotective."

"All right, get back to work."

Once the two servant girls finished taking care of the flowers and plants in the courtyard, they went to the windowsill, carefully took out a bowl of clear yellow soup from the basket, and poured it onto the little green herb.

The short servant girl lamented while pouring: "A courtyard full of flowers and plants, but this little plant is the most precious. These medicinal soups from the West are all tonic medicine, which is hard to find, and it was all used by our Prince to water this plant. Even I feel my heart ache when I see this."

"It's not the first day you learned that our Prince treasures this little herb." The tall servant girl laughed, "Our Prince said that this herb is a sign of blessing and can prevent all harm and all kinds of poison. It is an immortal plant he got through fate and must be carefully taken care of. Our Prince has been raising this little herb for ten years, if it wasn't for the fact that he had been locked in the palace these past two days and isn't able to leave, do you think we'll even have the opportunity to take care of it?"

The two maidservants carefully poured the medicinal soup and cleaned the flower pot for the little green herb before leaving the courtyard.

As soon as the maidservants left, the little green herb gave a jolt and shook the crystal water droplets off its leaves.