CHAPTER 2

Ye Zi was so afraid that he even forgot whether he was a human or a plant. Being held in the palm of the hand still didn't feel enough and his slender stems clung to Gu Yan's fingers. Whilst trembling, he headed toward his sleeve, desperately wanting to stuff himself into it entirely.

The surprise in his eyes quickly faded as Gu Yan lowered his head and quietly gazed at the small green plant in his hands. His emotions were all hidden in those lowered eyes, and nothing could be seen.

Gu Yan was always followed by a few shadow guards. Just as they saw something flying toward their Prince, they unsheathed their swords a little and almost rushed forward to cut that thing in half.

The moment they saw clearly what had flown forward, the hidden shadow guards couldn't help but look at each other.

Wasn't that the little immortal plant in their Prince's room?

Why did it come here?

The few attendants around Gu Yan were also frightened and before they had time to think about it, they knelt together in front of Gu Yan. Just as they were wondering, they heard a cat cry from the wall. The fat orange cat crouched aggressively on the courtyard wall. Its paws still clutched onto half a leaf as it extremely reluctantly stared at the small green herb in Gu Yan's hand.

......Poor thing, why was it this ancestor again? !

This cat was raised by the Great Princess and was extraordinarily spoiled. It had lived in the manor for more than ten years and was already an old cat. Relying on its background, this orange cat flaunts its might in the manor all day long and no one dared to offend it. As its body grew fatter and fatter by the day, so did its courage.

The only time it was punished was the time it bit Ye Zi.

When Ye Zi was bitten, it caused Gu Yan to become furious. Hindered by the Great Princess, the cat couldn't be killed or thrown away so it could only be locked up for three months as punishment. All the servants and maidservants in the courtyard were also implicated in this matter and were all expelled from the manor.

This time, the cat was probably the one who brought the little immortal plant to the gate of the manor and almost struck the Prince.

No one knew how many people would be on the chopping block this time.

The servants waited with trepidation for their Prince's words, but Gu Yan seemed oblivious.

He looked down at the small green plant in his palm. The attendants also followed and looked at the small green plant in his hand. The inside and outside of the Prince's manor was silent. No one dared to even breathe and it was as if it was going to stay like that until the end of time.

Gu Yan swept a glance at the attendants kneeling in front of him. Without a word, he took the trembling little green plant into his arms and pulled the fox fur to cover it tightly.

That look was as if he didn't want people to stare at his little immortal plant.

"All of you get up."

Hearing Gu Yan's voice, Ye Zi recovered from his fear. He was being held in Gu Yan's palm which happened to be right next to his heart and his fox fur tightly blocked him so that not even a single ray of light could peek in.

Since he was closer, Ye Zi could even smell the faint medicinal fragrance coming off of Gu Yan's body and his slightly rapid heartbeat.

He didn't dare to move, fearing that this person would notice something off and choke him to death as if he were a demon.

When Ye Zi came back to his senses, he felt too shameful. Wasn't it just an old cat, what was there to be afraid of?

He was the world's first small immortal plant that could run and jump. He absolutely couldn't be a disgrace to plants.