chapter 4

Ye Zi's shout caused Qiu Tang to directly stiffened behind the screen divider. He hurriedly pulled on Gu Yan's quilt and wrapped it around his body: "Don't......Don't misunderstand, I have no malice, I just......"

That voice was a clear and clean teenage voice with some haste and it didn't sound like an evil person. Qiu Tang boldly looked in through the carved wooden screen, just in time to see a naked arm sticking out from the messy bed.

She instantly understood and her face turned red with shame.

Who else would be allowed to sleep on Prince Rui's bed?

Ye Zi hadn't thought of an excuse yet when he heard the person behind the screen divider kneel down with a thump: "Greetings, Your Highness."

......Huh?

Ye Zi was stunned and Qiu Tang continued: "This servant was ordered to come to the courtyard to take care of the flowers and plants. This servant didn't know that the Princess Consort was here and had disturbed the Princess Consort's rest. Please forgive this servant, Princess Consort."

Ye Zi: "......"

This misunderstanding had become too big.

Ye Zi subconsciously wanted to clarify but just as the words reached his mouth, he then withdrew them.

If he denied it now, he wouldn't be able to wash his hands of the crime of trespassing the Prince's manor as someone with an unknown background.

No, that absolutely couldn't happen.

Ye Zi cleared his throat, "No worries, you can get up first."

Qiu Tang answered, "Yes."

......

The room was silent for a moment and after a moment, Qiu Tang asked in a low voice: "Do you need this servant to help you get dressed?"

"Huh? N-no need." Ye Zi was busy wrapping himself up tighter with the quilt and mouthed, "Your Majesty likes it when I stay like this."

Qiu Tang: "......"

There was a person who liked to let people stay without clothes?

Ye Zi sincerely continued, "You might not know, but some people have this fetish."

"......Your Prince is very domineering, if I don't listen to him, he will become angry with me."

Qiu Tong was dumbfounded.

Ye Zi became more theatrical and his words became more and more persuasive: "So you must not tell anyone that I am here and don't let the Prince know that you have found me. Your Prince is thin-skinned, if people knew he was so clingy, he would be ashamed to death."

This was too much information and Qiu Tong was in a trance from listening: "T-The Prince, he's.....clingy?"

"Yes, very clingy." Ye Zi leaned back on the bed. His words were eloquent and he almost believed them himself, "Look, our wedding date is approaching, but he couldn't wait even just a few more days. He came crying and begged me to come into the manor to stay with him."

"How could he do that? He locked me in this room and won't let me go anywhere. He doesn't even let me wear clothes, don't you think he is a bit too much?"

Qiu Tang, an unmarried girl who had never heard of such things, could only blush and concur in a small voice: "......It is a bit too much."

"Exactly." Ye Zi shook his head and sighed, "But what can I do about it? Who told me to like him? In the end, I can only do as he pleases."