Chpt: 27

Before Ye Zi finished eating, news suddenly came from outside the palace that the Empress Dowager had arrived and the attendant came to ask Ye Zi if he wanted to go outside the palace to meet her.

Ye Zi took out a silk handkerchief and wiped his mouth, calmly responding: "No."

Gu Yan intentionally publicized the news of their consummation. After a night of tenderness, Gu Yan went out early in the morning to pick up Commandery Princess Changning.

If Ye Zi went out of the palace to greet her now, it would be too thoughtless.

Ye Zi asked the maidservants to spread the word, saying that he was unwell, unable to get out of bed, and unable to meet the Empress Dowager outside the palace. He also asked the maidservants to make his situation more serious and asked for Gu Yan to come back to see him as soon as possible after finishing the matter at hand. After the arrangements were made, Ye Zi dismissed the servants in the bedchamber, turned back to his original form, jumped into the flower pot, and planted himself.

The Summer palace wasn't like the Prince Rui Manor. The soil was randomly dug from the back hill near the Palace and was completely different from the fertile soil in the Prince Rui Manor that had been carefully sprinkled with fertilizers. Ye Zi didn't think he was picky at first, but after sleeping in the soil for almost a night, he couldn't resist sneaking into Gu Yan's bed and realized that he had been unconsciously spoiled by Gu Yan.

Ye Zi wasn't like the rumored immortals, demons, gods, and monsters. Besides taking on a human form, he didn't know spells and no one had taught him how to cultivate. The only thing he knew was that his strength would recover faster if he stayed in the soil.

The soil wasn't fertile enough for Ye Zi, but it was better than nothing as he squatted in the pot whilst waiting for Gu Yan to come back. But he waited and waited, and almost an hour had passed but there was still no signs of Gu Yan.

Ye Zi's leaves curled up and he was a little unhappy in his heart.

In the morning, he was able to convince himself that the man was under the Empress Dowager's orders which was why he couldn't leave. But he already picked them up, why was it that he still couldn't leave?

What was more, he also deliberately sent word that he wasn't feeling well.

Was it that difficult to come and see him?

Hmph, and to think he had a gentle look when he was coaxing him last night.

Sure enough, nothing a man says in bed could be trusted.

Ye Zi jumped out of the flower pot, angrily shook the dirt off himself, and jumped out of the room through the window. If the mountain won't come to me, then I will go find the mountain; he was going to find him by himself.

It wasn't like he was a plant without legs.

Due to the Empress Dowager's arrival, the guards in the palace were several times stricter than before. Ye Zi avoided the guards and just as he crossed the corridor, he heard the sounds of laughter. The Empress Dowager was leading a group of Imperial relatives and was enjoying the flowers in a gazebo not too far away.

This was the time of year when all the flowers were in full bloom and the garden was full of flowers and plants that were pleasing to the eye. Ye Zi took advantage of the flowers and plants to conceal himself and quietly approached the lakeside pavilion. 

There weren't that many people who came to the palace. In addition to the Empress Dowager, the Empress, and several favorite concubines, there were only a few wives of important court officials and there weren't many who were around Gu Yan's age.