Chapter 16

Ye Zi, who was enjoying the show, was instantly knocked unconscious by the kiss. He instinctively tried to push the other party away but was held still by Gu Yan.

"Don't move." Gu Yan's other hand gently caressed his back as he whispered against his lips, "There are so many people watching."

Ye Zi's resistance stopped abruptly.

His eyelashes lightly tremble. From the corner of his eye, he could vaguely feel the gazes of the onlookers around him and his face was burning hot.

This kiss seemed to be fierce, but it didn't go deep. It was just a taste that carried even a hint of tenderness.

Ye Zi felt dizzy from the kiss. It took a while until he felt the other party gently bite his lips before finally letting go.

Ye Zi felt weak to his knees and could barely stand up straight. With a red face, he shyly buried his head into Gu Yan's arms, making him look like a real loving couple with Gu Yan.

Even if he knew that Gu Yan wanted to prove his identity, he still......couldn't accept it.

How could he use such a method?......

That was simply breaking the rules.

Ye Zi was in a daze. He didn't even hear what Gu Yan said to Xiao Min as he was half-helped and half-hugged back to the carriage.

The curtains of the carriage were lowered to shut out the noise outside.

Ye Zi huddled at one end of the carriage, trying his best to keep himself far away from Gu Yan, and turned his head away from him.

The interior of the carriage was spacious with a quiet and warm fragrance. However, at this moment, it added a bit of ambiguity. Gu Yan stared at the tips of his blood-red ears and his heart itched like a cat scratch.

He was really angry at that time.

Ye Zi hadn't returned for a long time. Gu Yan, worried about his safety, followed in the direction that he had left in search of him. But when he found him, he just so happened to see Xiao Min talking to him as he inched closer and closer to Ye Zi.

Even when he was with Ye Zi, he was careful not to overstep the mark since he was afraid of scaring him.

What gave that bastard the right?

In his previous life and in this life, for decades, no one had dared to touch Prince Rui's people right under his nose.

However......

The carriage soon returned to the Prince Rui Manor and as soon as it stopped, Ye Zi immediately jumped off and ran back to the room in a flash.

Gu Yan looked at Ye Zi's fleeing back and sighed silently.

Look at what happened, now he was completely annoyed.

Gu Yan carried the cockatoo worth five hundred taels of silver that he got back from Xiao Min, but Ye Zi was nowhere to be seen after returning to the room.

In the middle of the room, Ye Zi's clothes were all over the floor. Gu Yan subconsciously looked at the small flower pot in the room, but the flower pot was empty and contained nothing.

He glanced at the flower bed in the courtyard and saw a small handful of soil being thrown out.

Gu Yan quietly walked to the side of the flower bed. He pushed aside the dense flowers and a small green plant barely squeezed in between the flowers as it was still pushing itself into the soil with all its strength.

Gu Yan: "......"

The moment there was a disagreement, he would bury himself. How strangely convenient it was being a plant.