Chapter 24

His body's instinct was faster than his brain, Ye Zi quickly drew a feathered arrow from the quiver with his right hand and quickly stood in front of Gu Yan.

His gaze swept over the assassins in their attires one by one and the corners of his lips curled up slightly: "Your Majesty, don't worry, I'm here."

With only this many people, he had confidence he could retreat intact.

Gu Yan suddenly held his hand holding the arrow.

Ye Zi turned back and the latter took the feathered arrow from his hand and laughed: "Am I that useless that I need to have my Princess Consort protect me?"

"Your Majesty......"

Before Ye Zi could say anything, Gu Yan suddenly threw the feathered arrow to his side and stabbed it straight into one person's chest.

The assassin fell backward to the ground. The others didn't expect him to suddenly strike and were about to rush forward in their stunned state.

Gu Yan spoke indifferently: "Siwei."

"Kill."

As his words fell, a black-robed man appeared like a ghost, accompanied by a flash of silver light as blood spattered everywhere.

Gu Yan took Ye Zi's hand, walked aside using the gap made by Siwei, and carefully blocked the splashing blood beads for him.

The sound of killing immediately erupted in the empty shooting range. Siwei's movement was extremely fast and he was able to deal with more than a dozen top assassins by himself without losing momentum. Ye Zi looked at his movements accompanied by silver and was a little lost in thought.

Gu Yan squeezed his hand: "What's wrong?"

"I was thinking......" Ye Zi pursed his lips and asked with difficulty, "Is Siwei......always following us?"

Gu Yan answered: "He is my close guard, naturally he needs to follow me at all times."

Ye Zi: "......"

In other words, when they were alone just now, Siwei was also watching.

How could this be allowed? Did this person have to guard his side whenever he got along with Gu Yan in the future?

No one knew what Ye Zi thought of, but the tips of his ears quietly turned red.

Gu Yan carefully observed the fight, not noticing Ye Zi's embarrassment, and asked: "Who do you think sent these people?"

Ye Zi put away his messy thoughts, pondered for a moment, and said truthfully: "I can't tell."

Gu Yan continued: "These people are highly skilled in martial arts. Being able to find this place means they have been following us for some time. You and I weren't able to notice, but even Siwei didn't find anything out of the ordinary......"

Gu Yan coldly snorted: "No matter who sent them, they are determined to succeed."

Ye Zi lowered his eyes: "This place is not like Chang'an. We came out without guards so it's the most suitable place for them to make a move here. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have put you in danger."

Gu Yan tapped his forehead lightly: "What nonsense are you thinking about? I'm the one who wanted to bring you out, what does it have to do with you?"

"......In fact, these people may not have come for me."

Ye Zi raised his eyes to look at him: "You mean......"

Gu Yan lowered his eyes and didn't answer.

Not far away, Siwei's sword finally touched the neck of the last person, and a string of blood fell from the blade of the sword, splashing bright red onto the ground. The surrounding assassins had all fallen and the person in front of him was also seriously injured that he didn't even have the strength left to stand.