Chapter 14

Gu Yan didn't let Ye Zi call for anyone nor did he let Ye Zi touch him. He went to the restroom by himself to clean up and stop the bleeding. When he came back out, Ye Zi was already fully dressed, sitting mindlessly at the table sipping tea and eating fruit.

It was the kind that Ye Zi liked very much.

Seeing Gu Yan come out, Ye Zi poured him a cup of tea and handed it over, concerned: "The weather is dry these days, remember to drink plenty of hot water to avoid getting excessive ."

Gu Yan looked at him and took a deep breath: "......Got it."

Gu Yan sat down beside him. He stared at his face for a moment before falling onto the fruit plate.

Ye Zi thought he wanted a bite and quickly protected the fruit plate: "This fruit also causes excessive internal heat."

There weren't many of this kind of fruit left in the Prince Rui Manor. With each plate, there was less for him to eat. Even Ye Zi was only willing to eat a small plate every day now.

Gu Yan laughed softly and stretched out his hand, wiping away the bright red juice from his lips with his fingertips: "These are all yours, I won't snatch them from you."

Ye Zi shifted his head to avoid his hand and changed the subject: "Is there anywhere else that is uncomfortable? Do I really not need to call a doctor?"

Gu Yan asked in a low voice: "Are you worried about me?"

Ye Zi said: "Of course I'm worried, how can someone get sick every day all year round? What are you going to do in the future if you're already like this at a young age?"

Gu Yan stroked the rim of the cup and a faint smile spread on his face: "I thought you would hate me. I forced you to stay here and threatened you to marry me. There has never been a precedent for a male consort in this dynasty and you will inevitably be subject to criticism when you become Princess Consort Rui."

Ye Zi nodded thoughtfully: "Thinking about it like this, it's true that I sacrificed more."

He smiled and added: "But it doesn't matter, those people don't know me, let them say what they want to say. As for the rest, you have taken care of me for the past ten years. If it wasn't because of you, I probably would have been eaten by that old cat. Take it as me returning the favor now."

"Returning the favor?" Gu Yan lightly laughed, "Do you know how little demons like you return favors in the novels?"

Ye Zi certainly knew.

No one knew what came to mind, but Ye Zi's face inexplicably turned a little hot. He lowered his head and took a bite of the fruit: "......I don't know."

Gu Yan said: "There is a book pavilion in Chang'an City, there are all kinds of stories and legends collected from all over the world. When I have time, I will take you to check it out. "

Ye Zi brightened up: "Can we go out and play?"

"You want to go out that much?"

"Of course I want to. Ever since I came here, I have never stepped out of the Prince Rui Manor." Ye Zi said indignantly, "I blame that stupid cat, every time I want to sneak out to play, it always stops me. Do you think it has developed its spiritual consciousness and is deliberately trapping me here?"

Gu Yan smiled and whispered: "If that's true, then I'd have to thank it."

"What?"

Gu Yan shook his head: "Nothing."

He thought about it and added: "I heard that the book pavilion regularly invites famous storytellers to come and tell stories and business is booming for them. Xiao Min and the others used to go there, but I have never set foot in it. If you like it, I will take you there to play some other day."