Chapter 5

When Gu Yan said this, not only Ye Zi, but even the steward was stunned and began advising, "Your Majesty, this child is still just a brat and doesn't know the rules, what if he offends you again......"

"No harm." Gu Yan straightened up and looked at the frightened and beautiful face from above, "If he doesn't know the rules, I can teach him."

Ye Zi reluctantly followed Gu Yan.

There were many times when Ye Zi couldn't understand what was going on in this person's head. In the past, if any of the servants in the manor broke the rule, deducting their monthly salary and punishing them was certainly quite common.

But when Ye Zi got into trouble in front of Gu Yan today, he didn't seem to be the least bit angry.

Was this person a masochist? Did he like it when others treated him like that?

As he was thinking, Gu Yan suddenly stopped in front of him. Ye Zi wasn't paying attention and ended up running into his solid back.

Ye Zi took a half step back and Gu Yan looked back. His gaze was fixed on him, as if he was taking a closer look. Ye Zi was a little uncomfortable by his gaze and asked in a low voice: "What's wrong?"

Gu Yan said: "Now it's just the two of us."

Ye Zi blinked, not understanding what he meant.

Gu Yan was patient and whispered, "I thought you would have something to say to me."

Ye Zi tentatively responded, "......M-Many thanks to the Prince for saving my life?"

Gu Yan: "......"

Gu Yan took a deep breath: "Very well."

Ye Zi: ? ? ?

Gu Yan raised his hand and reached toward him.

Ye Zi was about to hide when Gu Yan whispered, "Don't move."

He picked half a fallen leaf from Ye Zi's shoulder.

Ye Zi had climbed the tree and fallen earlier so his clothes were in disarray and he had been too preoccupied just now that he didn't have time to pay attention to this. Gu Yan brushed away the fallen leaves and straightened his lapel.

"The person who will come later is an honored guest. Look at you, how do you expect to face them with such unkempt clothes?" Gu Yan said in a low voice. His eyes fell on the plain innerwear exposed at Ye Zi's lapel and his eyes moved slightly.

He narrowed his eyes, hiding a few hints of a smile in his deep gaze.

Gu Yan's cold fingertips touched the skin between Ye Zi's neck, causing Ye Zi to shrink a little. He uncomfortably dodged Gu Yan's hand and said in a rushed manner: "I......I can do it myself."

Ye Zi began to fix his clothes in a fluster. Gu Yan didn't say anything else as he turned and walked into the central room for meeting guests.

There were several maidservants cleaning the central room. When they noticed Gu Yan enter, they all bowed to him. Gu Yan sat down in the main seat, Ye Zi diligently came forward and took the initiative to pour him tea.

Since he couldn't escape anyway, it was better to coax him so that he was on his good side. As long as he didn't make mistakes that would make Gu Yan suspect him, he would surely find a chance to escape.

The Prince's manor had dozens of maids and attendants of all sizes so Gu Yan won't be looking for people to inquire about an unimportant servant.

Ye Zi's wishful thinking was pounding loudly in his heart. He handed the tea to Gu Yan and said, "Please have tea, Your Majesty."