Chapter 13

After Gu Yan went to the palace, Ye Zi didn't let anyone wait on him and shut himself in the room to daze.

The cool and fresh breeze with the scent of grass blew in through the window and dispersed the heat on Ye Zi's face.

The burning and warm touch still remained on the back of his hand. When Gu Yan kissed it a while ago, Ye Zi's mind was blank and he even forgot to resist. When he came back to his senses, the man had already left with his attendant.

That was just a farewell action, but the strong emotion in it was too natural, so natural that Ye Zi couldn't feel a hint of disgust.

On the contrary, there were a few hidden and imperceptible sweetnesses.

Aware of his thoughts, Ye Zi shook his head and drove those ramblings out of his mind.

He was only acting with Gu Yan. Once the limelight passed and Gu Yan found a reason to divorce him, he would be able to leave freely.

Frankly speaking, Gu Yan's face was indeed to his liking, but that was all.

Ye Zi never thought they would have anything between them.

They were people of two different worlds.

The sun was gradually rising and the warm sunlight shone into the room. Ye Zi lazily stretched and took a deep breath.

Perhaps it was because he had been used to being a plant for a decade, Ye Zi subconsciously felt that absorbing nutrients from the soil, stretching his branches and leaves freely, and basking in the sun was more comfortable than being a human being

Ye Zi turned his head and ran back to the inner room, rummaging around before finding his small flower pot.

Naturally, they couldn't tell anyone that the little green plant had turned into a person and Gu Yan also never explained the little green plant's whereabouts to the servants.

At first, when the maidservants couldn't find the little green plant, Gu Yan only pretended to send a few people to look for it and then nothing happened.

All the servants in the manor guessed that maybe the old cat had finally gotten his wish after ten years and ate the little green plant. And why the Prince didn't get angry this time was probably attributed to the fact that his marriage was approaching and he was in a good mood.

Ye Zi put the flower pot on the balcony with the best sunlight and covered it with a layer of fertile and moist soil. He stripped himself naked, a white light flashed in the room, and a small green plant stepped out of the light.

The little green plant jumped into a small pit dug out in advance and skillfully buried itself. The tips of its tender green leaves quivered and stretched out comfortably towards the sunlight.

Ye Zi was drowsy from the sun until the sound of footsteps woke him up.

It was the manor's old housekeeper.

At this time Gu Yan had not yet returned from morning court. The old housekeeper naturally knew of this so it meant that he was looking for Ye Zi.

Ye Zi was about to pull himself out of the flower pot when the old housekeeper had already knocked on the door.

The housekeeper said, "Your Highness, Great Princess wants to invite you over for a chat."

Ye Zi's movements stopped abruptly.

Great Princess was from a famous family and had a pure heart full of elegance. If not for the short life of the former Crown Prince, she would be the current Empress right now. She became a widow at a young age and was very demanding of her only son, almost to the point of harshness.