Chapter 19

What?!

Ye Zi wanted to cry but had no tears.

It was just a random excuse, but who knew that Great Princess Rui would be this concerned? It was only the next day and she had already found a doctor.

If the doctor were to give a diagnosis, wouldn't everything be over?

Gu Yan was about to follow the housekeeper towards the central room when Ye Zi went forward and pulled his sleeve, whispering: "What.....what should we do?"

Gu Yan glanced back at him, revealing a helpless look of 'who told you to talk nonsense yesterday?'

Ye Zi was so anxious that he lost propriety and said haphazardly: "Should I pretend to faint? Should I toss that person out? I.....I'm going to risk it. Anyway, I must not let the doctor treat you."

Gu Yan laughed helplessly. He grabbed his hand and patted it soothingly: "Alright, don't worry."

"Let's just take a step and see what happens."

Inside the central room, an old man with a white beard and white eyebrows was sipping tea leisurely, and beside him was a fifteen or sixteen-year-old medicine boy sitting upright with a medicine box on his back. The old man and Great Princess Rui were chatting about something when the housekeeper led Gu Yan and Ye Zi into the room.

The old man and the little medicine boy got up and bowed to Gu Yan. Upon seeing Gu Yan, Great Princess Rui asked: "Where have you been? You didn't even bring a servant with you, I couldn't even find you."

Before Gu Yan could answer, Ye Zi cut him off: "Mother, don't blame him. I asked His Majesty to accompany me for a stroll. It was my first time there so everything looked new to me, that's why......we stayed out for a long time."

Great Princess Rui's expression eased a bit. She didn't say anything else as she pointed to the old man beside her: "This Doctor Jia is someone I found, let him take a look at you."

The old man's gaze fell on Gu Yan. He stroked his beard and said in a thick and crisp voice, "Your Majesty, this old man has been practicing medicine for many years, specializing in treating this type of unmentionable Yang deficiency illness. No matter what the cause, I can guarantee that I will be able to cure you."

Ye Zi clenched his hands tightly under his sleeves and said in a low voice, "T-There's n-no need....."

"What do you mean?" Great Princess Rui glanced at him before saying in a gentle voice, "I understand, you youngsters are trying to save your dignity. Don't worry, Doctor Jia will keep what happened today at the Prince Rui Manor a secret. Yan'er, cooperate with the doctor well. Whatever he says you should do, do it."

Gu Yan said: "Yes."

It was inconvenient for Great Princess Rui to watch the diagnosis and treatment process so Gu Yan led the doctor into the room before letting him take his pulse. Ye Zi anxiously glanced at the old housekeeper who was following behind him: "Doctor Jia, how should this be treated?"

Doctor Jia paused and smiled as he stroked his beard: "The causes of this disease are different so the cures are also different. Some people suffer from deficiencies in their qi and blood which causes their kidneys to weaken, leading to a loss of Yang energy. Thus, it is necessary to prescribe the right medicine and food to help nourish the body." 

Ye Zi slightly relieved: "That's......fine I guess."

"But......" Doctor Jia clasped Gu Yan's pulse with one hand and said leisurely, "This is not the case with the Prince. His Majesty's pulse is calm and there is no sign of Yang deficiency."