Chpt: 28

The washroom was dense with steaming water vapor, Ye Zi had just walked in when he heard the sound of water coming from behind the silk curtain.

Ye Zi lifted the silk curtain and inside was a small pond carved with white jade. The small pool was filled with steaming hot water and half of Gu Yan's body was soaked in the water. His long hair was casually scattered as he leaned against the side of the pool with his eyes closed to rest his mind.

His upper body is naked and his lean and well-proportioned muscles could be seen at a glance.

Ye Zi averted his eyes in haste and his steps paused for a moment before he walked over with the ginger soup.

Gu Yan opened his eyes and looked at him: "I've been calling you for a long time, why did it take you so long to come?" "I was making ginger soup for you." Ye Zi replied, putting the ginger soup on the table beside Gu Yan, "Drink it while it's hot, to wash away the coldness."

Gu Yan didn't move and said with a smile: "I want you to feed me."

Ye Zi pursed his lips and the tips of his ears quietly reddened.

In actuality, Gu Yan had only been joking and didn't plan on making things difficult for him. But just as he was about to speak, Ye Zi suddenly bent down and knelt down by the pool as he picked up the ginger soup.

Ye Zi obediently scooped up a spoonful, blew on it to test the temperature with his lips, and then brought it to Gu Yan's mouth. Gu Yan was a bit overwhelmed as he drank the ginger soup from his hand.

Brown sugar was added to the ginger soup, which made it sweet and spicy with a lingering aftertaste.

The bowl of ginger soup dispelled the coldness within him. Gu Yan let out a long breath and finally felt a bit more comfortable.

Ye Zi wiped the corners of his mouth with a silk handkerchief and couldn't help but complain: "With a weak body like yours, why did you think you could jump into the water to save someone? There were so many eunuchs and palace maids waiting on the shore, did you really need to risk your life?"

Gu Yan laughed and didn't take it personally: "If I didn't jump into the water, then wouldn't I have really become the assailant?"

Ye Zi's hand shook for a moment as he lowered his eyes: "Commandery Princess Changning, she....."

"She jumped on her own, I have nothing to do with it." Gu Yan spread out his hands, "You were also there, don't accuse me wrongly."

"Of course I——" Ye Zi froze, "You knew I was there?"

Gu Yan said with a straight face: "Even if my immortal plant is hidden among the flowers and plants, it is still the most unique and beautiful one, how could I have missed it?"

This unexpectedly warmed Ye Zi's heart and he felt sweet all over. The anger and sullenness from this morning suddenly dissipated.

He tried his best to stop his lips from rising and returned to the topic: "But why did Commandery Princess Changning throw herself into the lake for no apparent reason?"

 Gu Yan stretched his body in the water, his eyes slightly closed: "How would I know?"

He only knew that Wen Zhi died when she fell into the water during his house arrest in his previous life, but he didn't know when she fell into the water. She could've done it sooner or later, but why did she have to pick a time when they were alone to fall into the water? And add to the fact that she was the one to jump in by herself.

If Wen Zhi's life was saved, then all would be well. But if she couldn't be saved, the rift between the Prince Rui Manor and the Duke of Protection's family would become even greater.