Chapter 9: It's Jokertegnita, the Dark Card Mage!

Later, back to earth, at night, Bonnie and Jennica are on the former's bedroom, arguing about the female mage coming to send dark spirits, "Bonnie, how are we going to deal with a evil and dangerous mage who carries cards?" She asked.

"I don't know, Jennica. I'm not sure how she looks like!" said Bonnie as she took off her shoes, "I imagine if she comes as a monster with a scary face!"

"And I imagine if she is a clone of me," stated Jennica.

"Yeah, we both imagine if she is different from humans like us. She carries cards, you know. Have you saw other people carrying cards?"

"I've read one of my favorite books of The Chronicles of Amber fantasy novels. It showed those cards used for communication and transportation."

The two girls smiled as they sat on the bed before sleep. They talked about the day after sunday and laughed together when they chatted. On the top of the Queens Museum at the same night, a female figure was standing still, watching the borough of Queens from a distance. The figure has apricot orange hair, gray eyes and wore black knee-length boots, a black leotard with a purple cape with a hood, a brooch in the shape of a card, black gloves and a purple belt with pockets where the cards are guarded. Her name was Jokertegnita, the female dark card mage known for her ability of sending dark spirits with her cards. She was sent to steal the souls with the spirits by Chabazita. She smiled as she pulled out the teleportation card to teleport herself to the next place. When she teleported from the Queens Museum, she landed on the top of a building and saw a woman on her way home. She snapped her fingers while she pulled out the dark spirit card and sent it to steal the woman's soul.

"Huh? What was that?" The woman asked, wondering who came behind her. She turned around and briefly looked left and right, "Some kind of sick joke, huh," The woman said to herself before the dark spirit appeared behind her and snatched her soul and trapped her in the nightmare, causing her to stand still motionless.

"That's what the card says!" said Jokertegnita as she chuckled evilly before teleporting herself again.

Back to the Merrick Residence, after brushing her teeth, Bonnie picked up her pajamas and took off her clothes before hearing a knock on the door, "What?" She said as she opened the doors to reveal a little girl, "Hey, what are you doing in the middle of the night?" She asked her.

"Are you a asteroidette? Ceressitta told me that you live here in this city," The little girl explained.

"Yes, I am. I'm an asteroidette and a student," said Bonnie as she has put her pajamas on, "What brings you here? Aren't you supposed to be at home?"

The little girl shook her head, "No, I....I lost my parents, they were killed by a fire," She claimed before seeing the blonde girl's pendant, "That's a nice pendant! Can I take a look?"

"What?! Are you kidding me? The Ceres pendant? Oh, no, no, no, no-"

"Please, just let me see..."

"I won't allow it, my mom gave me as a symbol to become the perfect daughter," Bonnie refused before the little girl pulled out one of the cards, "What are you holding?" She said as she has put the Ceres pendant on her pocket.

"I use cards for fun," The little girl showed her the shapeshifting card, which caused her to shapeshift to her real form, Jokertegnita, "I am the female dark card mage!" She grinned evilly.

On the hallway, Jennica found herself unable to sleep. She went to the kitchen picked up a water bottle and poured some on a glass. She drank the water before hearing noises coming from Bonnie's bedroom, causing her to spit the water out from her mouth in shock. Shocked, she went upstairs and began listening to the voices of her sister and the female intruder who came to her house, "Bonnie? You there?" She asked.