𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

The three all went up to ours hotel room and we made some quick preparations before heading out together for ours camping adventure. Ken held Snow's hand and he walked beside me who was carrying some supplies for ours camping trip. The three of us walked through the hotel's lobby and we got outside, as we walked out of the city to the woods we all felt a sense of relief. We had survived the encounter with Ken's ex and we were all ready for ours adventure. Everything was going to work out just as planned and just as we wanted.

The three of us made we way through the woods towards the campground where they would be camping for the next few nights. It was a fun hike, the scenery surrounding we was beautiful. Snow was having a blast, she was running around and exploring all the different trees and plants, she even met a few animals out in the woods. Ken was watching Snow with a smile on his face, just thankful that he could share this experience with his daughter, his whole world.

Snow taught an animal. "Daddy, look at him, how pitiful he is"

Ken looked over and he saw a poor little animal that seemed to be lost in these woods. Snow was right, he did look quite pitiful. Snow always enjoyed interacting with animals, she has always been such an animal lover. She was such a sweet and kind girl, Ken was so proud of her.

Snow walked over to the poor animal, she was going to try to guide it back to where it needed to be. Ken knew he couldn’t let her do this on her own though, as sweet and kind as she was, Snow was still a child. So as he moved to go over to her, Ken called out. “Snow, come here darling, it's quite dangerous out here, let me help you.”

"Daddy, let's adopt him, he's poor. It looks like his parents have left him"

Ken laughed softly as he saw how sweet and kind his daughter was. She always did have a big heart and she had always been so kind to animals. Ken knew that if he said no he would break her heart, he knew she really wanted to save this animal and make it her pet. So he sighed and he said. “You know what, you're right Snow. We'll take him with us back to the camp site and we'll adopt him.”

"This poor bird, what can we name him?"

Ken thought for a moment, he wanted to give this animal a proper name so when we took him with them he wouldn't be without one. Ken looked at it and he thought for a moment, and then it finally came to him. He had the perfect name for this poor bird. “We'll call him birdie. Because it's a bird and it's so sweet, and so small. It's so perfect.”

"Daddy, what kind of bird is this birdie?"

Ken looked at the bird, he was quite impressed at how good his daughter was at identifying animals and plants. He didn't even know that she knew this many things about birds. He decided to give his opinion, he felt like this bird was definitely a bird that was native to this area. “I think this is a finch. A little finch bird. You know what I should look more into this bird I think it's actually quite native to this area.”

I spoke "That bird is so cute, where did you get that?"

Ken looked back at me, I was absolutely correct about that bird being cute. It was so tiny and so harmless, and it looked like it was lost in the woods. But now he saw a golden opportunity here. “We didn't get this bird, we were just in the right place at the right time. We're going to actually adopt it and bring it with us to the camp site.”

"Let's treat him first before we adopt him." Snow said.

Ken was proud of how responsible she was, how she was already thinking of providing him the proper care. Snow was so much more than just a sweet little girl. “Yeah, that sounds good. We should feed him, and then look after him and make sure he's healthy before we adopt him.”

While we were walking along the trail that led them out of the woods, Kai suddenly realized something. He had completely forgotten about his ex girlfriend and their past relationship. He was too busy focusing on their camping adventure and on me and Snow. He was starting to enjoy this little family of Ours. We had everything in front of us, we were going to have the most wonderful camping trip ever. Ken finally felt at peace, all because he didn't have to think about his ex anymore. Her presence wasn't ruining this moment for him.

Ken let out a sigh of relief, this really was perfect. There was absolutely no stress or drama, he didn't have to deal with his ex anymore. He had his beautiful wife and his adorable little daughter. He was the happiest he had ever been, he couldn't help but smile to himself as he thought about the situation.

"What do you want hotdog or barbeque?" I said.

Ken was surprised by the question, but he liked the idea of either one. So he let out a moment of thought before he responded. "Hmm... How about BBQ? I think barbeque will taste really good out there in the woods. Snow will love the smell of the meat, she always enjoys it when we have BBQ."

"Okay my mafia boss."

Ken laughed at that, he loved it when I called him a mafia boss. It was just so cute and it really highlighted how I always saw him as a protector and a hero. As we walked to the camp site, Ken kept thinking about everything that had just happened, how everything was turning out perfectly. It was just so surreal, he hadn't even thought this camping trip would turn into a good family trip. But now that it was actually happening he was so grateful and excited for what was coming.

"My mafia boss, next week in Yosemite National Park in California we will travel and go camping"

Ken's heart fluttered when I said that, next week we were traveling and going camping at Yosemite. The idea of going camping there excited him even more than this little adventure. The Yosemite National Park was one of the most beautiful places in the entire United States, and he was so excited to take his little family there. He couldn't wait to see the wonders of Yosemite with us. His heart was overflowing with joy and excitement at the thought of it all.

Ken smiled to himself, he was just so happy. The thought of sharing his love for camping with his family was something that he couldn't wait for. He just hoped that it would bring we all closer and strengthen we bond. As he kept thinking about the trip, he turned around and he looked at me, he saw just how happy and excited I was too, just like he was.

Ken was so happy, his ex never let him go on adventures like this. She always made everything into a problem, she was always trying to start a fight and she would never let him spend this much time with Snow or travel with him like that. Ken was always restricted when he was with her, but none of that would happen when he was with me. He felt as though he could finally just be himself, he could finally just live his life and be with the people he loved. He felt free.

Snow spoke "Is it good where we are going?"

Ken let out a smile as he looked over at Snow, she was such a curious and kind little girl. “Yeah snow, Yosemite is incredible. I've been there before, it's a beautiful place. There are trees and rocks and animals, and it's all so beautiful and so peaceful. You'll like it, I promise you.”

"I'm so excited!! Let's travel to Yosemite" It sings.

Ken laughed softly at that, she really was a lot like him in this aspect. She was already so ready to go on this adventure and she couldn't wait for it to officially have begun. It was adorable to see this side of her, she was just so excited for what was coming.

Ken let snow sing, he was just so delighted by her little antics. In this moment it was just the three of us, we and the nature that surrounded ours. There was no drama, no stress, no problems. It was just peace, pure peace and serenity. His family was just so precious to him, he couldn't wait to have more memories of us all together, especially out in the wilderness.