Chapter 1: Best Friends Forever

      This story is a world of pirates

This story is a world of pirates. But a story of a certain girl. She of course is just an infant right now. Her human mother was taking care of her in the infant's bedroom. Rocking her in her arms. She sat in a chair by the window, it was a warm night and the sound of the ocean could be heard from outside. Her human mother believed that the sound of the waves would soothe the baby, and help her sleep. The little child made a soft yawn. The cutest yawn that a baby had made. She even wore a beautiful seashell locket wrapped around her neck. This necklace was dear to her for it was given to her by her real parents, the ones that left her in the hands of wonderful human parents. They feared for their daughter's life since she was a princess from the deep blue sea. And even dangerous mutants of the land. But they found a lovely village where it was always peaceful. Even pirates don't even cross here.

Soon the little one was asleep in the woman's arms. Just the moment her husband walked in. "She's sleeping?" he smiled as he looked down at the little baby.

His wife nodded, "yes. She always looks so serene when she's asleep. Like a little angel."

The two of them couldn't have children of their own, they believed it was God that sent those magical creatures to them to ask to raise their child. They both loved the little child as their own.

Several years passed and the little child was now a little girl, 7 years old and running around the village. The villagers didn't take to kindly to the child because she was a stranger being. Always playful, running, and just not normal like them. Not a bad way. She was a unique type of girl.

"That child should be in school," one of the elder women remarked with annoyance as Lydia ran by them.

"The school teacher doesn't want her in school. She won't do as she's told," her companion said.

"Seen better behavior from pirates," they both huffed and laughed in amusement.

Her mother then came looking for her, "Lydia? Oh goodness, you've gotten your dress all muddy. Have you been climbing again?" her mother tried to sound firm, but she could never get mad at her.